S A ' H O R A - II

T H A N K S G I V I N G - |2|
"I have no one that wants to spend the holiday with me,"

Sa'hora

"Our Father, which art is heaven. Hallowed by thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us of our trespasses and as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For thine the kingdom, the power and the glory for ever and ever. Amen," me and my family prayed before we began to feast upon out thanksgiving meal.

Thanksgiving was the one time of the year where all of my family got to be together. It was the one of two holidays where you got to see your extended family members that you didn't get to see so often.

Family mattered for those lucky enough to have one. Some people aren't blessed with having their family with them on this holiday. Which is why I don't take mine for granted because you never know when you might need them or when they will be gone.

"How's school coming along Sa'hora," Aunt Cherokee asked me after putting a spoon full of collard greens into her mouth. She was my father's sister. They shared the same mom, my grandmother who passed away years ago. They had different fathers with hers being active and my dad not knowing his.

"Schools going fine, it's my last year so i'm pretty geeked," I answered with a smile on my face. I was only seven months away from graduating and becoming Dr. Santiago. In high-school, I participated in a program where I graduated with my associates degree getting my Gen-Ed out the way. I was two years ahead of the game which is why I was so young achieving this.

Becoming a psychologist has always been an interest of mine since I was in middle school. It seemed fun to learn about the different disorders and working with people to help them overcome and navigate their mental illness.

"That's good baby girl. I'm proud of you, you making daddy proud," my father, Jared, said after placing another piece of ham on his plate.

"Mommy too," my mother Marisol spoke with her mouth somewhat full causing me to smile because both of my parents were proud of me. I loved making them happy because it made me happy. "Soon you'll be getting married and having me some grand babies."

"My baby girl ain't getting married or having kids. The only men she suppose to love is me and Jesus, anybody else is out of the question," my daddy said causing me to sigh dramatically.

"Daddy you gonna keep me hostage the rest of my life?" I laughed. He didn't respond but continued to eat his food.

"Baby don't mind him. Do you have any men in your life that we need to know about though?" Aunt Lorraine asked lifting an eyebrow.

"No mam', I'm just focus on my schooling right now. Maybe when I finish school and my career kicks off, someone may come around," I answered truthfully.

My dad started to clap loudly causing me to laugh at his dramatics. "That's right baby, that's the correct answer."

Aunt Cherokee rolled her eyes before saying, "you know Jah'mell suppose to be coming over here later on. He back in town from college also baby."

I gasped causing me to choke on my lemonade that was traveling down my throat. "You good chile'?" my cousin, Sonia, asked patting my back harder than necessary.