Chapter Twenty Five

The sun shined on us as we got out of the car. We all ran to the helicopter, cheering because we made it to our destination. We opened the doors to reveal a man in the front. He had the keys in his hand and he just got bit. He looked dead though. I got a closer look at his forehead and sure enough, he had a bullet wound. We pulled his body out of the helicopter. Mom grabbed the keys and hopped in the front along with Brook. Tom, Alee, Carter, and I climbed into the back. Mom started the helicopter up with ease. "Everyone! Put on you're seat belts." She smiled. We fumbled with our seat belts with excitement and finally got them buckled. The helicopter lifted into the air. The car that we rode in looked smaller than a bug.

"We made it." Alee cheered. That's when we all started to yell and cry of happiness. Mom flew us over cities. They were all destroyed.

"Hello? Is anyone there? This is Samantha Aiken, a retired soldier. I was in the US Air force." Mom spoke into the head set. She then started to laugh. "Hey Bobby. I didn't know you worked for airlines. Has the infection hit you where you are at?" She waited. "Okay. We will be landing there soon." I looked weird at Mom and she winked.

Carter grabbed my hand and I looked at him. That's when I grabbed his face and kissed him. Alee yelled "aw" and Mom said "I knew it was going to happen." I smiled at him and looked out the window. The clouds were floating by the helicopter. It was almost as if they were waving. I said I wanted to be a cloud, and now I am one.

•The End•
Thanks guys for reading! I hope you all enjoyed it. I love you all and goodbye!