The Feeling Girl

Distraught, Liam sighed as he entered his office a week later. Rea was unresponsive and he had seen no sign of her. Again.

They made a brief connection at the first few sessions. But what little there was gone.
When she had stopping coming to session after three days, he asked Dr. Miller. Apparently, she was back in the ward. Sessions would resume in a few days.

Today, that is.

Liam knew what he did the last session had to had cause Eirea being back in the hospital ward.

He wondered what she did to herself, this time.
He couldn't help but feel guilty.

He remembered that day so very clearly. He noticed that Eirea was wearing her long brown hair down and she was wearing skinny jeans and a maroon V-neck. She even smiled at him.
"You look lovely." He told her and a warm tinge flushed her face.

He grinned goofily at her. "You're blushing! I can't believe this! Tough, silent Eirea Cantor is blushing!"

She rolled her eyes and mouthed for him to stop, but a smile rose out of her.

Liam smiled back and began to try to get her to write out her feelings on paper and sticky notes that day.

She wrote on a piece of lined notebook paper, why do you care so much.

"Because I want to help you." He said, sincerely. He really did.

She glanced at him and wrote
why is that?

"Because I know what this feels like. Hopeless. "

Eirea just scoffed. Please, like you know what it feels like to be trapped in Fairlands fucking Institute. She scribbled on the paper.

"Actually, I do. "
Eirea had let out a litte gasp. You mean, you were a patient here, too? No.

"Well, yes. And I want to help you get outta here. I know what this place can do to you. Make you feel crazier than you already are. "

It's a prison, even though they don't admit it. Thinking they're helping us. Why don't they let us be a threat to ourselves? They treat us as patients, not as people. I don't get it.

"I didn't get it either, Eirea. "

So what were you in here for?

Suicide attempt.

He internally groaned but stayed silent. She didn't need to know this.

Wow, sorry that's personal information. And when did you get out?

"Eirea, I was here for five years. And you've only been here for what? Six months? I'm 21 and you're 17. Being here took a huge chunk out of my life."

Shit. And how did you get out?

"I was smart. I began to listen to my therapists. "He almost laughed. What a joke.

No really.

"I realized I had to get out. I had to get myself together. I had to feel again. I was scared to feel. To feel is to hurt. " He replied.

You got that right.

"So I went to college and majored in psychology so I can help others as soon as I got out. I got myself together. Are you afraid? To feel?"

He stood up from his chair and walked to where Eirea was sitting on the couch. He offered her his hand.

I am. The last time I felt something, I spoke to a mirror.

"Why don't you try again?"

He pushed a lock of hair behind her ear. She was beautiful, those dark eyes reflected his. Emotion and desire overwhelmed him. What this girl did to him.

Liam tilted her chin so he can stare into her eyes. She leaned forward and their lips met.
Their kiss deepened and chills sent shivers up and down their spines. His arms wrapped around her waist and hers around his neck, lightly tugging his hair.

It's a been a while in both of their lives that something has felt this right.

"Son of a bitch." She murmured against his lips. "Who knew I would kissing a British guy." Eirea chuckled.

He could feel the smile as this is the first time he heard he voice. Figures the first words he heard her utter were profanity.

She pulled away gently.
"That was the most amazing thing. Wow."

"I know."

But he realized they were tears in her eyes. He grasped her elbow as she started back away from his embrace. To leave in sobs.

"Eirea, what's wrong?"

"I can't do this. How could you do this to me? I thought you cared." She whispered.

"I do. I do care about you."

But she was already gone.

He hadn't seen or talked to her in days. So you can imagine the surprise when he found pieces of paper, and a rainbow array of Post-Its stuck on his wall.

All in Eirea's sloppy cursive handwriting.