Chapter 2

I woke up to screaming and gunfire, the noise was ringing in my ears. I've never heard it before but I think I've had a lifetimes worth. Everything was blurry and in a quick series of events or more like flashes of terrifying pictures relapsing themselves into my brain, things like the dead scattering the ground, black suits and red shirts, bloodshot eyes and words of war. I hoped it was a terrifying dream. It seemed that my brain couldn't take anymore, this made me furious I was not weak, but I couldn't help it and blacked out.

"Hey, hey wake up, come on wake up" " this was a terrible idea". I opened my eyes "shut up she's awake" it took a few blinks but I eventually adjusted. At first the light was too much like the sun itself was held in the small glass globes but then I became much easier to see. The first person I saw was a boy surrounded by the bright light almost just the mere life of a silhouette brought to my attention.

" um excuse me but could you please help me up " i asked, this would tell me whether they were on my side or not.

I hated sitting down it made me crane my neck to look at someone and yet again I felt weak. Instead the boy got to his knees and and sat so I could face him properly. " do you need anything?" He said in his low voice. He grabbed me from under my arms and lifted me to my feet like I was a rag doll. "Hey!" I squeaked.

The same boy looked at me again and decided to play the nice boy "calm down no one here will hurt you" . I gave him a glare and looked around the room I didn't like this room either but it was better than the White walls. It looked like we were on a train. The boy came back to me and gave me something that surprised me.

"I think this is yours". I put my hand out and he gave me my small bladed toothbrush. I looked back at him for a while, I knew him somehow it was hard to put my finger on it.... *Thud* the room shuddered and then started to move. I leaned on the boy and he kept me balanced "we will stop in 3 hours" he said as he pushed me away. But where were we going?

As the boy went into another compartment to talk I took to my advantage to look at the room. It was rectangular and small. So it was a train, I thought to myself as I fiddle with my toothbrush. I sat back down grinning while twirling my small weapon. And boom there it was the sudden urge to escape. I stretched my sore muscles, oh god was I dragged through thorn bushes?

This is actually when I started to think , train, moving, where they going to take me to a science lab to be tested under there light, rotting in THEIR white walls? I needed information my eyes were darting around the compartment. The room had an old bookshelf and a well lit lantern hanging from the ceiling.

I walked over to the bookshelf, there wasn't much going on but my eyes stopped at herbs throughout the wilderness. "I'll take that" I thought to myself and that one and that one. Soon I had an arm full of different books. This will do just fine. I estimated my time, I wasn't really thinking this out was I? My eyes trailed towards a large piece of fabric, I grabbed it and shoved it down my dirtied dress. Holding my books in one arm my free hand slid across the wall. Aha. The side of the compartment opened. The wind whipped the bottom of my dress and blew the hair out of my face, I stayed for too long to enjoy that moment.

For extra precaution I grabbed a long stick off the top of the shelf and pulled it through the bars of the door. Now back to the door, I sat so the bottom of my feet were just touching the ground. The train looked like it hadn't moved that far or fast so I got back on my feet. Breathe. 1 this is stupid... 2 I will do it..3 .................. Thump thump thump "hey OPEN UP!" I chuckled to myself "you won't get in so... You know you should stop trying!" I shouted. JUMP.  I rolled down the side of the hill.

Through some rough bushes and down into soft grass I landed, doubling over in laughter, just able to see the boy who broke through the door. His looked could kill a small animal, it was priceless.

The sky was darkening gradually so I got off my small patch of grass and jumped up onto my feet, then started construction of my backpack from half of the cloth.

The first step...... Um I really didn't think that far ahead. Ok well let's begin with the books. Yes this will do perfectly. I grabbed a book out of my bag and walked into the unknown head down, nose in book.

*********************************************************

The night was rough, sleeping in a tree was not the most enjoyable thing in the world but it did well. Ok.. Mental note sleep was off the checklist, now there was food and water. My bare toes scraped the leafy forest floor as I look for the perfect materials. Resourcefulness was in my point of view like putting two pieces of a puzzle together.

Humming through the trees I got a bit carried away and started to sing and to tell you I was a very bad singer most days. I didn't care I was free like a bird about to take flight, free like a captive unshackled from his ankles, free from the train and the dreaded white walls. I sung every word that came to my head and luck would have it I found fresh water.

I cupped my hands under the small fountain still humming, I couldn't believe it my day had became my day as if I controlled it.

I went to go sing another word when something silver and shiny was held against my lips. " you didn't think you would actually get away did you?" I knew who the voice was already "no no no don't speak we don't want you to loose those pretty little lips do we?"
His hand moved down my back, tensing me up. He slid the blade down at the same time. Well the bird was caged again in the hands of a deranged puppet master. "Go ahead pull my strings" I said out loud. "I'm not here to hurt you but God damn it you certainly ruined my plan" he chuckled.

This made me sort of smile but not a lot, I liked hearing that I ruined his plan. He spun me around and made me look at him. He stared at me for a moment, while he arched over me. This position was threatening, he was tall, brown completion and he sorta made me feel smaller than I actually am.

" I was hired as a hit man, your hit man" he said blankly. " well you don't look like a hit man" I said sarcastically. I looked at his back and his waste, they were covered In daggers. " that also explains how you snuck up on me" I said. "Well it was really easy I just had to follow the sound of a drowning cat" . " so are you on my side or not" I spat at him.

He passed me my tooth-blade and said the same thing " I think you dropped something". I have to admit I was surprised and I also had so many question. I walked passed him and took a blade from his side pocket. "I'll be needing this" I said. Until I get some answers.

I found a nearby gather of bamboo and sat on a rock nearby it. " hey mystery man what is your actually name" I asked. Silence followed through several seconds. " just call me Jy"
"Ok Jy well if your gonna stick around could you do something useful like get food? Or something?" "Hey, could you do something for me" he asked. "Yeah what is it?" I replied. He started walking away from me " don't start singing again".

Ok that made me smile.