Chapter 3

Mr Heist strolled up and down his office, continually biting his fingers and looking down on the photograph of his wife. A stranger walked through the door. "Excuse me Mr Heist, she's escaped". Mr Heist stayed silent. He stood, hands behind back staring at the floor. He turned around slowly. "Get out" he whispered. " oh and before you go tell the military the deals off if she doesn't come back", "dead or alive".

********************************************************************

" your very crafty" Jy implied. " thanks" I said, eyeing my new weapon, " I think this will do me, how ab..............."
I looked at his many knives. " um.. Never mind ". A long silence followed, I guess I wasn't really good at talking . "Did you have training to become a hit man?" I asked. " the funny thing is I had no idea I was hit man material until I woke up" he said casually with a slight chuckle. " wait, hold up you woke up in a room just like me? " I asked . " yeah well I know as much as you except they manipulated me to get on the train" he said. " how unfair, every second I got was precious spent conscious".

I looked down at my bow and then back at him. " I could really go for something to eat". " have you thought of a plan yet, to..... you know survive?" Jy asked. " move on and stay hidden, now about that food" I replied. " how do you know you can trust me?" Jy asked in disbelief. " well your a hit man if you wanted your money you could do it now" I said as I stood up arms open wide, I pointed to my heart. " go on do it" I dared.

He pulled out his blade and pointed it at my chest, " how about you get the food?"
Ok fine, I got my bow and walked past the "hit man" and bumped his shoulder, causing him to smile.

**********************************
I walked through the the woods on my own once again. I had no idea how to use a bow so I took out Jy's knife.

While I was walking I hadn't really thought about what people would call me. What is my name? As I walk along my pathway towards a lone rabbit, I thought of names like grace, joy but they seemed to practical. In my thought I scared the rabbit, well it was on its journey and I was on mine.

JOURNEY.

I found my new name. This would do considering I didn't care that much. I heard a shout while I was walking "hey hurry up I'm starving". It was Jy.

I finally decided that it was worth a try to get some food. I walked over to a nearby tree and put my bag off my back. I pulled out the herb book and turned through several of the pages I already read. I stopped when I saw the right herbs from the pictures in the book, picked them and put them back in my bag, I just hoped that Jy could go vegetarian with me. It was too much of a hassle to hunt an animal so no meat today.

After I was satisfied with the amount of food I had collected I decided to head back to my hit man. I gathered my books that lay scattered on the ground and put them back in their rightful place. Heaving the bag over my back I started my......... Journey.

I walked back through the woods towards Jy. As I finally saw him he turned around and revealed several large rabbits on his waste, it made my gatherings look pathetic. " wow who's mister resourceful now" I sarcastically gasped. " we're leaving tomorrow, I know a town nearby that could help us". Ok well this was strange, you wouldn't think a person who apparently knew nothing just happened to know that these woods were near a town? " uh ok" I said.

We laid out the rabbit and the herbs equally so that we could at least have something to eat. Things were silent for too long, it sort of made me feel like something wasn't right. So I stayed quite and let the events play out.

I turned so my back was facing Jy. Just thinking of sleeping on the forest floor, I didn't know what it was but I felt extreme drowsiness. Next came nausea, and I fell to the ground, my arms went numb and I couldn't move. That is when I heard the gun being loaded behind me.

I don't remember what happened after that, I didn't realise that I drifted off to sleep, and I don't remember ever eating any of the rabbits. But I learnt something. I am not safe in the hands of anyone but my own.