A Questionable Approach

[ Set in 2014, AJ vs Nikki Bella feud building up to Survivor Series. ]

Nicole ties her Nike's, combing her hair one final time before putting on a studded SnapBack backwards on her head.

"So, you excited? You're in the title picture!" Brie gushes, moving her feet around in her Converse.

"Why are you doing that?"

"I'm not really used to shoes like these. They feel weird. I'm just trying to settle in them a little more before I head out there."

Nikki props her head up on her hand, staring at her younger sister.

"What? Is my makeup ok?"

"It's fine but...you look just like AJ."

"I mean, I am wearing her ring gear so..."

"I know that, it's just...ah never mind."

"You ok?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Let's get out there." The older twin claps, heading to the gorilla.

"That was weird..."
~~~~

"Hey babe." John gives Nikki a light kiss.

"Yeah hey John." Brie retorts, a hint of sarcasm in her tone.

"Oh! AJ, is that you?" Brianna rolls her eyes.

"It's Brie."

"Oh Brie! Didn't recognize you. How's it going?"

"Just fine, you ass." She laughs, John nudging her.

"So, you ready for tonight? I've been watching your rivalry and it's been awesome."

"Yeah. Think AJ will like Brie dressing up as her?"

"When you're gonna beat her like she stole something? Probably not. But I wanna make a bet."

"Of course you do, because-" Nikki starts.

"Cena always wins." The Bellas say in unison.

"Not true!"

"Did you see that episode of Total Divas? You hate losing and whenever you won you rubbed it in my face!"

"You threw beer in my face."

"Because you were being an arrogant asshole!"

"I'm not sure if this is an argument or just playing..." Brie speaks up.

-------

AJ frowns in confusion when she sees John wearing a flower crown on his head.

"Hey, you seen Nikki?" He questions, looking around.

"Uh...no?"

"Seriously?"

"What the hell is on your head?"

"Long story. Let me know if you find her!" John runs off in the other direction.

"That was weird." AJ shakes her head.

"Thank God he's gone."

"Oh shit!" April jumps in shock to find Nikki behind the crate. She clutches her chest where her heart would be. "What the hell?!"

"Shhh! I can't let him find me."

"W-what are you doing anyway?"

"John and I had a bet and he lost- for the first time- so he's going through with his punishment."

"I don't wanna know."

"I'm not gonna tell you then." She frowns, folding her arms with a huff. April scoffs, picking up her phone and playing with her avatar. "What's that?"

"Myidol. You can make an avatar off of a picture with someone's face, dress them up and they do neat things. Although the speaking is in Chinese you can voice over the animations."

"Oh. So if I took a picture of me, it'll be an avatar?"

"Wow, you're not as dumb as you depict yourself to be." AJ jabs.

"Stop messing around." Nikki nudges her gently. AJ turns to her, perplexed at her reaction. "What?"

"Yeah, that's what I'm saying."

"Huh?"

"I thought you would've fired something right back, like we'd be trading words but you didn't."

"So?"

"Is everything ok?"

"Why wouldn't it be?"

"You're acting weird."

"No I'm not."

"Did something happen?"

"No."

"Nikki you're scaring me."

Nicole laughs, "And how am I doing that?"

"This!" AJ gestures Nicole's body. "This isn't you. At least not with me. We go back and forth, we bicker and argue to where it gets too serious and we're both ready to fight. Right now you're smiling and laughing at me like you enjoy my company."

"Who's to say I don't enjoy your company when we fight?"

"BRIE!" AJ starts to shout, "YOUR TWIN IS SCARING ME!!!"

Nikki laughs again. "I'll see you out there ok?" She pats AJ on the arm, walking off while shaking her head in mirth. AJ arches an eyebrow at the Bella Twin's retreating form before grabbing her Divas Title and heading to the gorilla.