Chapter 1.1: My best friend Torey (My crush)

It seems like just the other day I saw her...she's amazing, funny, loving, passionate and.... just absolutely gorgeous. Wait-what did I just say oh man I'm so confused I have a crush on my best friend. I'm confused about my sexuality but then again I am at that age where I find out. I'm Ally Dozal I'm currently 16 years old and I attend Johnson high school. I live in a suburb called Katy in Texas it's hot and humid down here. No we don't ride horses to school or work, wear cowboy hats, cowboy boots or anything in that nature. Although we do have farms and ranches yet most of them are small and family owned.

    Any who back to what I was saying I'm confused about my sexual orientation. I've been crushing on my best friend, Torey Wagner, for several months now. I don't get it because I dated guys before and identify as straight. But maybe I'm not? Like actually I'm bi or pan but what if  really I've been gay yet never realized? All I know is that I didn't necessary feel completely comfortable with guys. Like things don't click, I don't get butterflies, get all excited to go on a date, or feel much when we kissed. I always though you know maybe I haven't met Mr.Right just yet.

However, with Torey it feels different things fall into place perfectly and it just feels right everything fits perfectly and as snug as a glove. I get anxious when we plan to hangout, my heart flutters when she compliments me, my heart races when she holds my hand or pecks my cheek, and I can't keep my eyes off of her. It feels down right wrong to think this way about my best friend yet so goddamn right at the same time. UGH! It's so infuriating and completely puzzling. We've been friends ever since the 3rd grade don't know why but I've never been able to shake her she was magnetizing from the start. NOT that I really want to anyways but she's actually different from all of my other friends. No matter what life has through at us good or bad we stuck together and thrived not survived. She's always been there when I needed her like a light brightening my world and she protects me from unnecessary harm. Also Torey identifies as lesbian she came out to me back when we were in middle school.

    Furthermore Torey broke up with her girlfriend, Madison, they were dating since the 7th grade which was pretty cute, yet sadly they had broke up last month. The reason behind why they had broke up was because Madi had very distant with Torey for a couple months and Madi came with it and confessed she had been cheating. It was a mutual break up for the most part since they both felt it best for them and the spark that once between them had been doused. They're still on good terms and all is good there's no bad blood between them which is good and are back to just being friends. Torey was a bit upset and sorrowful for several days after the break up because she still hanged onto old memories together and was hurt by the fact she was cheated on. But other than that Torey was pretty much okay kind of... I'd checked up on her, let her cry on my shoulder, let her rant about Madison, and gave her physical comfort. You know just being a good best friend. She'd listen to old playlists that they created when they were together, tell stories of their good memories, cry out her frustrations, and wrote beautiful songs. Her songs varied from love song ballads to break songs to crush songs to confession song or anything along those lines. She'd write down chords to play for her songs and rhythms for her trusty old Fender FA-100 acoustic guitar. Torey is big on music and aspires to be a musician/artist to touch others hearts and free their souls. She'll ask for my opinion and see if there needs to be changes; if it sounds good, if the lyrics are good, if she should try a different style or how to make a pitch better.

    Therefore I practically lived at her house during that time which our parents' were completely fine with as always. Also it just so happened to be spring break which Torey and I were very grateful and glad to have had after that horrific emotional whirlwind of a break up. When I was over at her house we spent majority of our time in her room in our most comfortable pajamas. When she wasn't spilling her guts, crying, or playing her wonderful songs we watched all sorts of different movies on Netflix till the wee hours. Torey as always cuddles into my side with her head on my shoulder then eventually shifts her body to rest her head on my lap. I'll usually comb my fingers delicately though her silky dark blonde hair and massage her scalp as soon as her head is resting comfortably in my lap. I do it to relax and calm her down since she tends to get stressed a lot and holds it all in. Torey loves when I do it I'll often hear a pleased groan a deep breath then a barely audible soft sigh. I'll peer down at her while she reacts I bare witness to her icy blue eyes fluttering, Torey looking back at me with soft eyes, and a gentle warm smile adoring her structured face. It's the most absolutely beautiful site I've ever seen in my life and I always soak in every precious second of it.