Chapter 4: not quiet ready

I couldn't stop thinking about yesterday how beautiful she was and she was just standing in front of me. But I couldn't worry because she would come back they always do.

I revived a call the day before it was my sick grandmother she was dying but yet I couldn't do anything she lived in Toronto and I lived far from her I lived in New York City. She wanted to meet Chloe before she passed on, and my wife. My grandmother has alsimers and she forgets everything the minute it's over. She's dying at a young age.

She is only 63. She has type 3 diabetes and was dying I had to bring Chloe to her before it was too late so that's what I did. It took about 4 minutes for me to realize that I was going to go to the same store where Charlotte died well I'm pretty sure no one remembers me. I walked in with Chloe she ran up to the counter and said hello to the owner. She was exactly the same as her mother saying hi to anyone in the way.

The store clerk stared at me so much like he knew something was happening. I walked to the card section to choose a good card. Once I got to the clerk he said something.
" hello" he said hardly smiling
" hi" I said a little worried
" look I know this might be weird but do you know a woman by the name Charlotte" he stated
" yes yes that was my wife she- she died in this store" I said sadly hiding my tears
" ya I know I was the one who called the police" he said looking sad as well
" I have something to say" he said
" look when your wife died I never thought I would see you to tell you but your wife told me to tell you..." He said before I cut him short
" ya I know look I got a long way to go bye it was nice meeting you" I said not wanting to look at his face anymore.i left but he clearly had something else to tell me.

It was about 4 hours just on the highway when I noticed we were there. I wound myself in the hospital where my grandmother was. I was lost for 5 more minutes I couldn't find her room.

Then I over heard nurses talking.
" it's sad she just died today" one nurse said
" ya and she was going to meet her great granddaughter" another said I freaked out inside maybe it wasn't her I was thinking positive just in case. When I finally found her room there was a lady cleaning out bed sheets. Chloe ran into the room and tugged on the lady's shirt and said hello, I fell onto my knees and the woman ran to me,
" she's gone...... Forever" I started to cry just imagining this happening to me
" sir do you need me to call someone for you." She said with a kind voice
They all died every single one what is wrong with me. First I lost 4 friends two due to diabetes and two due to war. My wife was killed and now my grandmother was gone too. I couldn't take the pain anymore. The kind lady led me outside to where the waiting chairs were in front of her room, I sat down and cried. Chloe claimed beside me and sat down.

It was about 4 minutes when I realized I was still crying. I felt someone's hand go down my back and tap me, I looked up and saw it wasn't Chloe. It was a lady with curly black hair and green eyes.
" why so blue" she asked
" um no reason" I stated she looked at me with those beautiful green eyes.
" if your crying there's a reason to it." She said trying to get an answer from me but it was hard.
" she's dead" I said
" sir I don't know who your talking about but can you try to tell me maybe."
" ya my grandmother she died. She died of diabetes and alsimers. Everyone I love dies I don't understand. First I lost 4 friends and they were wonderful too. One died to cancer, another to diabetes and the other two to war. And I don't understand I then lost my wife to a fucking robber. He shot her and sadly she died the minute after." I explained like I was telling her my life story in 10 minutes. We sat there for about 10 minutes until I realized Chloe wasn't beside me
" look it was really nice talking to you but I have to go find my little daughter." I explained trying not to sound rude.

" oh it's ok I understand I had a daughter before too." She said
I needed to understand what she meant by I had a daughter before too.
" not to sound rude but what do you mean by before." I asked
" no it's ok your not sounding rude. What I mean by before is when I had my daughter Sophia at about 24 weeks I had her at my boyfriends house and he though she was annoying because she wouldn't shut up and so he grabbed her by the neck and swing her into the wall. She broke her rib and bothered legs. I thought she was dead but if that wasent enough she started to cough blood and cry she he pulled her hair puncher her 30 times until she was purple.sh still siding die so he did the unthinkable he stabbed her 4 times then she died. He is now in prison for life and I have no daughter that's why I work at a day care." She said with so much courage and then there was me just sitting there crying at my grandmothers death.

I left a few minutes later as soon as I got my head back into its normal place. I looked in the most obvious place Chloe could have been the kids area. I went there to see my daughter playing with a helper. I signalled the girl to not tell Chloe I wanted to hear the conversation.

" I came here to see my grandma but she died" Chloe explained to the girl that made me cry. Her face was so serious she understood what was happening and knew how to explain it.
" your daughter is great" the woman said.
" ya thanks for watching her" I said
" it's nothing have a safe ride home"

Me and Chloe left and went on the road again I couldent expect anything to happen but I guess I second guessed my self....

A/N
Wow it's been forever since I've been writhing. this I just stopped having ideas half way through I'll post the next chapter soon ly -Tania