Chapter 1.

"Finny! Get moving'! We 'ave but a few hours 'fore the guests 'rive at 'ome!" a large, muscular man scolded a smaller, skinnier looking boy. As the servants of the Fadeknight estate, they were to shop for new, fresh supplies for the upcoming guests for the night. The boy with the strawberry blonde messy hair gave a sheepish chuckle, rubbing the back of his head. "An' we ain't gonna be there at this pace!"

   "I 'suppose we should be getting the meat and goin' back, shouldn't we, Jacob?" the younger boy, who was called Finny, short for Finnick, said with a small, sheepish smile. A colorful poster had caught the boy's sea green eyes, making him turn to the glass window of the butcher's shop. He ran a hand down the poster's smooth surface. "'Ey, Jacob?"

   "What is it now, Finny?" the man with the messy dark brown hair grumbled, walking over behind the younger boy. "What...? "Moonlight Magic Circus"? Finny, what ya be thinkin'? You 'ave your work and I 'ave mine at the estate with the master and his-... Oh."

   "Lil' master Edward would love this!" Finny said excitedly, his eyes lighting up as he turned back to look at the taller man. He was young, maybe eighteen or nineteen at most, though he hardly acted like it, while Jacob was maybe twenty years old, maybe twenty-one, and he definitely acted his age. "You think master would allow us to bring 'im?"

   "Won't know 'til we ask, now, won't we? Even if it's Lucifer who usually does those events, don't mean we can't ask, eh?" Jacob replied, dragging a very lively Finny back to the counter. They picked out the freshest meat in the place, heading out and getting back on their horses. "Let's be headin' home, now. Might get this done 'fore the guests 'rive. Maybe we'll be able to impress Lucifer today."

   "I hope we can! One day or 'nother, we'll get his approval o'er somethin'!" Finny agreed, as the two headed on the cobblestone road out of the large city of London, riding at a trot through the populated area. As they got out of the thick, dense area, the road clearing up of carriages, horses and people, they began to steadily have their horses gain speed. As a gift from their master, they both got horses to call their own. Finny rode a Quarter Horse mare that was a bright cheery bay that he named Blossom. She was blind in her left eye, but that never stopped her from carrying Finny to any place he asked of her. Jacob rode a black and white into American Paint gelding that he named Lightning, claiming that the horse was as fast as the storm energy itself.

   The Fadeknight estate was a few miles out of the city, as you'd think, so it could take a while for the servants to get back. Most servants would be more cautious with their speed, so it'd take an hour or two to get to the. However, those who served under the Fadeknight name weren't like most. They were certainly quite different from others, to say the very least. They had a very different set of minds. And getting back in time to prepare for the guests that were coming to the estate was at the top of their minds, taking first priority. Fast, but reckless riding speed was something that helped them get to their goal. So that was what happened; they rode a very fast paced ride home.

   Finnick, who was called Finny around the estate, was the care-taker of everything to do with the outdoors. Whether taking care of the animals or caring for the garden, it was Finny's job to do it all, having only minimal help from time to time. He wore a white tank top with a white and red plaid shirt buttoned over it, with light jeans that he sometimes rolled up to be shorts. He had black boots on his feet nearly at all times and was known for his two signature things. First, around his neck would normally be a straw hat, given to him by his young master, Edward Fadeknight. If he didn't have his hat hanging around the back of his neck, covering it completely, he'd have his soft tannish-white scarf around his neck, made of a strange, but soft material, almost in a scale pattern. By either hat or scarf, he hide his neck at all times. Due to his messy hair, he kept his bangs pinned to the sides of his head, two light blue pins on his left side and three on his right. To say that he was strong was an understatement. He had to be watched almost non-stop when he was tending to something delicate, as he didn't have a very good control on what he destroyed; often times an accident, though sometimes... not.