chapter 1

I walked down the boulevard. It was more scarier at night. I looked back every once in a while thinking that someone was following me. I just put my hands in my hoodie pockets. A instinct I have. I saw a silhouette to the left of me. My head snapped quickly looking to my left. Nothing. I just kept walking until I reached my house which isn't for another mile. I'm good though we have all night. I mean yeah my step mom will get pissed but that doesn't really matter does it. I looked around . I saw some people mostly drunk ,heartbroken or a mixture of both. I guess you can say I'm one of them. But I've been heartbroken for the past 7 years. And I have been sober. But not sober from the pain. I clenched my fists, remembering every single detail from that night where everybody walked away like I was nothing. Which I seem to believe.

Like the snap of fingers I was there at my house. Windows broken , worn down roof, grass and weeds up to your knees. I walked down the sidewalk, and the driveway. Once I opened the door i hoped for the best. But I forgot the best never existed in this life. I saw empty beer and vodka bottles. Cigarette ashes everywhere.

I went to my room not bothering to look for my step mom. My room looks like a regular guys room. Clothes everywhere, few posters on the walls. The color of the walls maroon the furnture black. Nothing new. I went to my bathroom , I studied my face in the mirror. Place face , dark brown eyes, bags under them, and lip piercings. I looked like I got raised up from the dead. I just turned the lights off and left the bathroom.

"Ashton?" Ughh my step mother called.

"Yes?"

"Where were you?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "With a few friends" she glared at me.seeing right through my lie.

"If you don't tell me the truth, I'm going to kill you" she said not literally, I can tell that she didn't have guts to kill me , but she had the guts to beat me up.

"Go ahead you wouldn't care if I did die" I went to my room after that, not wanting to hear another word.

-morning-

I got up and got dressed. Since I'm 18 I don't go to school. So I usually stay home or walk aimlessly around the town. I felt someone or something stare at me so I just left my room. I'm not the kind of person to check something out. Like I don't want to die. I grabbed my backpack and started heading out the front door.

"Where are you going" my stepmother asked.

I looked at her. But I didn't say anything I just left and slammed the door. I just walked out..

***

I made it to my friends house. We cosplay together. Call us lame, nerds, geek , or dorks. I wouldn't care.

"Hey jack where's my costume?" Jack pointed to this box. I opened and inside was a black coat, black jeans , black boots, goggled and some tube things that you connect to the backpack things. I put it on.

"Hey I have some things I want to add to this." I opened my backpack and pulled out a tool belt. It can carry knives and guns. I nodded we headed out to the streets we get money like this.

We just stood there. But then I noticed something going on in the alleyway. I told jack to stay back. I went towards there slowly. And I saw this girl about to get raped. So I did what I hand to do I grabbed one of my knifes and stabbed the guy multiple times. He laid there unmotionless. The girl looked at me she was about 16.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She stood up and pulled up her pants.

"Y..yes..I..I'm..fine..thanks" she stuttered. I asked her if she knew where she was she said no. I told her where she was. California.
She freaked out.

"I'm from Michigan!!" She started panicking.

"I'll take you home just follow me" she followed me to my house. I invited her in. I went to my room to pack clothes, and I took my secret money stash. I went into the kitchen and packed some food like peanut butter , bread, jelly, bags of chips, and few water bottles. I grabbed my keys.

"Come on let's go" she followed me to my car which was an impala 1967. I put stuff in the trunk. And went into the front seat.

"Umm you still have your gasmask on and goggles." I just noticed. So I took my goggles off.

"Can you pass me thoughs glasses" I pointed to the glasses on the floor of the passenger seat. She grabbed them and passed them to me. I put them on. Then I started taking off the gasmask. I threw it in the backseat of the car.

"Woah I didn't know you had lip piercings" she gasped. I chuckled.

"Did it hurt?"

"Like a bitch"

"How much does one cost"

I shrugged my shoulders.
"I did it myself"

"How old where you?"

"13"

"How old are you now?"

"18"
She made a double take.

"But you look like you're at least 16"

"So how old are you?"

"16" I nodded

"What's your name?" She asked

"Ashton but you can call me Ash, what about you what's your name?"

" Nicole" we just sat there in silence the whole ride. I was getting pretty tired so I stopped at a motel.
Once I was there I just made for one night. We went into our room.

"How was it when you killed that guy"

"Great I guess"

"Great!! You killed a man. I shouldn't be here right now I should be running for my life but no I'm here because you're my only hope of getting back home"

" Calm down , I saved you didn't I" she nodded her head.

"Now let's go to bed we have a long day ahead of us."

Thank you to XUNDEADX for telling me to follow my dreams and write a book. She was always there for me so please go follow her. She's a really great online friend. I love her.

-Ashton