chapter 17

I drove the for 5 miles until I came to a house to make a stand. I pulled out an AR 15 that I found in the front of the truck. I went in the house and heard the low growling of a zombies in the house. I killed the zombies and heard the the people who kept us locked up pull up in front of the house. I waited on the second floor of the house for them. I was in a room that looked like it belonged to a kid. I heard them kicking down the front door. Two came up the stairs and checked the room next to the one I was in. One of them opened the door to my room and I filled him with bullets. The other one yelled for back up. I heard the sound of boots going up the stairs. They stacked up at the door and threw a flashbang through the door. I heard the sound of gun shots as I sat in a corner of the room but none of the hit me. Once I could see again I looked outside of the house and saw a helicopter. I saw the door to the room and saw the dead bodies of the men. I walked out of the house and saw Ellie waving from the side of the chopper.

Joel's POV

Earlier
"We have to save him" said ellie. Most of the soldiers went after the truck. Some stayed but only inside the main building. We walked to the front gate and snuck in behind some boxes. We crept towards an Amory that was guarded by two guards at the entrance. Joel threw his tactical Bottle across the courtyard to distract them.
We went to the entrance of the Amory and went in. We grabbed guns, body armor and ammo. We walked out looking like juggernauts and looked for a vehicle. We killed the guards in the court yard. We looked around found a helicopter. We got in and took of our armor and flew out of the base and went looking for Chris. We followed the road he took and found truck pulled up at a house. We hovered in front of the house and saw a window with a guard being shot. Qw saw Chris stand up and got to a corner of the room. Ellie went to the side of the helicopter and grabbed a gun and shot the guards going in the room. I landed the chopper In front of the house. We saw Chris coming out of the house. He got in and we left. We ran out of gas near Rachel navada.