Chapter one: A girlfriend?

I walked to the lunch room table next to my best friend. Everyone in school since about fifth grade has said they ship us together which for me would be amazing. Though, I don't know if Ashton would ever date me, I mean, it would be so weird. We've literally been best friends since we were like l1 and dating would probably ruin our strong friendship. "What are you thinking about?" He asked me. I guess he read me well because I've been silently sitting across from him at the lunch table for 10 minutes.
"What nothing I'm just tired," I lied. He could tell but didn't say anything.
"You're coming over today right?" He asked snapping me out of a daze.
"Is that even a question?"
"I guess not," he kept looking at his phone and around the lunch room. I think I saw him texting as well. It's probably Erica, his mom. She always checks up on him because he has diabetes.
"That your mom?" I asked. He looked nervous.
"Yeah, she just doing her daily check ups," Liar.
We left the lunch room and continued our day. When school was out we hopped into his car and we drove to his house.
"Ashton, if you poke me one more time I swe-" he pokes me again. I tackle him and straddling his torso. Then, hit his chest hard.
"You're such an idiot," I say slightly shoving him.
"You're such an abuser. Ow! My chest," he said sarcastically.
"Oh, shut up," I laugh. I grab his hand and the car keys and head toward his car.
"And where are we going now?" He asks.
"It's a surprise," I say. Though, it really isn't a big deal I just want ice cream.
We got our ice cream and sat in a booth in the corner of the restaurant. We were having some small talk until I heard something I wasn't expecting.
"You have a girlfriend! Why haven't I heard about this," I practically screamed at him. There was some anger but, he didn't notice. I mean I've always liked him just am way to afraid to tell him.
"Well it kind of happened last week and we wanted to keep it on the low."
"Ash, I'm your best friend. I can't believe you kept that from me," I slightly shoved him.
"I know I was just scared that you would get all jealous that I'll be spending more time with her than you," wait what?
"Well as long as I get my time with you I'll be fine," I said sending him a fake smile. I could tell he noticed.
"He Scott, you'll always be my girl. You know that right?"
"Yeah," I said quietly. "When can I meet her?" I asked after a long silence.
"Well we can go to her house today if you want."
"Sure, why not?"
The house we arrived to was huge. Ash didn't even get to ring the door bell before a brunette girl runs and attacks Ash wrapping her legs around his waist. I couldn't make out her face yet but when she turned around, I could feel my face get hot.
Ashton's POV:
I love messing with Scottie because she's so cute when she's mad. I poke her one last time and she tackled me and straddled me. It was just so cute and I wanted to kiss her. But, that's the thing, I can't. She's my best friend and would never date me. I mean it would be weird. But, if she felt the same way I would be the happiest person in the world. I'm going to tell her about my girlfriend today. Based on how she reacts maybe it will tell me how she feels about me. She grabs my hand and pulls me to my car.
"And where are we going now?" I ask.
"It's a surprise," she says. It probably a good place or something.
We show up at the ice cream place and get our ice cream. I follow Scottie to a booth in the corner. This is it, I have to tell her. We make small talk and then I told her.
"You have a girlfriend! Why haven't I heard about this," I could tell she wasn't happy. I started to get happy. I keep nagging her on to see how jealous she gets.
"We can go to her house today if you want," she thought about it for a while.
"Sure, why not."
I drove to her house and Scottie didn't talk to me. I didn't even get to ring the doorbell before my girlfriend jump on me. I knew as soon as Scottie saw who it was she would flip. She hated her since third grade and all she's ever said about her is how much of a bitch she was. But, I like her she sweet and a way to tell how Scottie feels about me. As soon as Scottie sees who she is, her face turns red with anger.