Chapter 2

Phillip and I had finally arrived at the beach. I kicked off my crocs just to feel the warm sand crawl through my toes. Phillip grabbed a surfboard and stabbed it into the sand next to me. There was something I never noticed about Phillip. "Um, Phillip?", I began. "Yes?" "Where's your hand?", that must've been the silliest thing I have ever said. He laughed a hearty laugh. "NOW is when you notice?", he teased. I couldn't help but stare at his hand-less arm. I guess he uses a robotic one. Go figure. How did that happen?", I wasn't scared; I was curious.

"Out in the wild. You know, fighting a bear? It kinda bit my hand off. Creepy, huh?", I'm surprised he even fought a bear. He might be fierce, but he's still a wimp to me. I laughed inside. "So, when are we going to start?", I looked out to the horizon. I saw a few waves hit the shore and return back to the water. "Oh, you thought was going to teach you?", Phillip gave me a smirk and I gave him a puzzled look.

"What? How else am I supposed to learn?" "Don't worry. You'll find a way, you always do.", Phillip handed me the surf board. It was ocean blue and had some sort of string attached to it. Phillip crouched down and slipped the string's end to my ankle. "This will help you stay attached to the board.", he directed. Phillip pointed out to the ocean. "First, lay yourself out on the board. When you see the perfect wave, go for it. Once you know your ready, you'll be surfing.", he gestured out the steps. I nodded as I put all my stuff down and reapplied a bit of sunscreen. I ran to the ocean and did as told.

I laid on my surfboard and swam to the waves. Before I knew it, I was already standing. As I shifted from one wave to the other, I could hear Phillip cheering and waving his handless arm in the air. As I got lost in the waves, a new wave came in. Before I could shift into that one, the wave shifted into me. I fell off my board and sank into the deep water. As the cool salt water blew back bubbles to my face, it felt like I can fall into the black salty pit forever. I felt the salt water rush through my face and into my hair. My world began to darken when I suddenly feel two hands lift me from my darkness.

                                                                                    ~~~

I felt air go into me like a balloon. Two beefy hands pressed down on my stomach, making me cough out water. Gross. I felt a hand lift my head up and pull my wet hair back behind my ear. As I slowly opened my eyes, I saw sparkly blue eyes meet mine. Wet wavy hair messed itself up in front of the boys face. He gave me a dazed look. There was a complete silence and butterflies filling the air until Phillip finally spoke up. "Emma, are you alright?"

The handsome boy lifted me up, changing my position from laying down to sitting straight. "Yeah, I'm fine.", I finally got back to reality. "Thanks for saving her.", Phillip must of been talking to the attractive stranger. I looked back to see a guy, maybe around my age, nod to Phillip. His blue eyes shined with the light and his messy hair flipped just the right way. He had a soft pack of abbs and blue beach shorts. The handsome stranger stood up, our eyes still locked on each other. He gave me a smirk and I felt fireworks shoot up in my stomach. He waved good-bye and fled off to the with his surf board.

"Someone looks a little in love, doesn't she?", I swiftly turned my head to see Phillip with his arms crossed and a large smirk planted across his face. "Who was he?", I asked, still a little in space. "Some surfer who happened to save you. You kind of drowned out there and he gave you CPR. Luckily, your still alive.", he joked. My head began to pound and I placed my hand over my forehead. "Unfortunately, you broke your board.", I glanced to the side to see the surf board broken into two.

Back at the beach house, I couldn't stop thinking of that mystery man. Who was he? I had to know.