Chapter 3

"Rise and shine kiddo!", Phillip's voice sounded so close but so far away. As I blinked my eyes a few times, I could see a blurry figure leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. "Your new lesson starts today.", Phillip uncrossed his arms and walked out the door.

I slipped on the same bathing suit from yesterday and slid down stairs. In the kitchen, I saw Phillip fiddling around with a spatula. "Whatcha cookin'?", I chuckled. As I put my long hair up in a high ponytail, Phillip tossed some bacon and eggs onto a paper plate. "You gotta be all energized for your next lesson.", Phillip passed the paper plate in front of me. "New lesson?", I picked up the fork and chewed on my breakfast. "Yup. Your gonna meet a little special someone who's gonna help you out there. Don't worry, you already know him.", Phillip gave me a wide grin. I gave him a puzzled look. I haven't met anyone since I arrived at the beach yesterday. Oh wait - crap.

                                                                                  ~~~

I sat at the edge of the sand, letting the tip of the waves hit my toes. As each wave crashed in, my feet sank into the sand. The beach became more deserted as each minute passed by. Where is he?, I thought to myself. Just as I stood up to leave the now deserted beach, I felt like I was being watched. I turn around to see a blonde boy with messed up hair up on his face. His upper  body was bare and wore the same shorts I saw him in before. He had some green aviator sunglasses and a surf board by his side. "Were you watching me?", my voice cracked with every word. The handsome boy slowly moved his sunglasses down to his nose, revealing brilliant blue orbs called eyes. I was dazed and got lost in search of reality.

"Watching? I was waiting.", his voice was deep yet simple - I liked it. I giggled and looked down at my feet, putting my hair behind my ears. "I'm Ryan.", I saw a hand out for me to shake; and so I did.

"I'm Emma.", I answered, probably thinking he'd want my name too. "So, are you gonna teach me to surf now or what?", I teased anxiously. This guy was a super hot surfer, the one who had rescued me the day before. By the look in his eyes, he had some kind of plan that I was sure to not fall for. But with a babe like that, there was surely no promises.

Ryan gave me a small gaze along with a smirk. "That's for me to know and for you to find out.", mysterious - cute. Ryan kicked off his sandals and threw his sunglasses to the sand and ran to the water. I watched intently to see what he'd do next. My face flushed red when I saw him catch that perfect wave. When he ran back, water droplets were formed across his chest and throughout his hair. I melted inside. "Now it's your turn.", Ryan led out a hand. I was lost in thoughts, but I decided to take it. He crosses his fingers over mine, giving me the feels.

He led me to his surfboard and helped me get in position while on the waves. "Okay, you have to keep steady. Just get lost in the waves.", Ryan placed his hands on my waist, keeping me balanced as I did as told. A small wave came in and pushed me off the board. Everything came in faster than a blink of an eye. Somehow, I ended up in Ryan's arms.

"I told you to keep steady.", he chuckled. He was carrying me, bridal style, with my arms around his neck. My heart pounded a million times a second.

Was it me, or was he getting closer?