Chapter Seven

I went to the hospital, after I ran my laps and took a shower, because I volunteer there sometimes.

I walked in the doors and into a hallway I saw Ms. McCall. "Ms. McCall!"

I jogged over to her. "Hi Alex. Um, could you excuse me for a minute."

She gestured to Stiles, and I wondered why he was here. "It's alright, she knows." Stiles said.

"Yea." I said. I followed Stiles into an elevator thinking it was important.

He became distant in the elevator and walked out when we got to the floor, "Stiles?" I asked, seeing if he was paying any attention to me.

He wasn't.

Stiles just kept walking and then he mumbled, "Mom."

I thought Stiles' mom was dead.

I followed him up and out of the hospital, now we were on the roof, "Stiles?" I was starting raise my voice, worried about him.

He kept ignoring me, he snapped out of it when a chimaera tackled him.

I changed into a tiger and charged at the chimaera.

I threw him off but he scratched me on the stomach, and for an instant I thought I saw my dad.

Then I saw my dad again and changed back to human form. I kneeled on the ground as he chucked beer bottles at my face, I was his target.

I didn't move I was still shocked.

My mom finally got out of the house with us when I was 9 years old.

I think someone was yelling my name but I couldn't process it.

When my dad was flung off of me the memory stopped. I was just sitting there on the ground with a bunch of gashes on me. Stiles was leaning over me yelling my name, I sat up.

I saw Theo barreling the chimaera, Stiles was holding my back, keeping me up.

There was so much going on, and then Theo killed the chimaera. "You can tell!" Theo said.

I just stared at him still kind of out of it.

"Why not?" Stiles asked.

"Because I never said anything about Donavon."

Stiles looked shocked when Theo said that. I don't know who Donovan is, or what their relationship is but it must be a touchy subject.

Stiles ran over to Theo and put his fist around his shirt.

I couldn't hear what Stiles and Theo were saying, because I wanted to stay out of it. But when Theo grabbed Stiles shirt and twisted them around I growled and got up, I walked over to them and got between them, putting my hands on both their chests. "Stop! We don't need any more fighting tonight!"

They both backed away, we heard sirens. "That's not a ambulance, is it?" Theo asked. Stiles shook his head, and walked over to the body lying on the ground. "We should get out of here."

"We can't just leave him." Stiles says.

"What if someone finds him?" I ask.

"Fine, alright let's take him." Theo says, ignoring my question. "Someone's steeling the bodies anyways. Here's our chance to find out who."

I didn't really trust Theo Raken, like at all. So when he put up this suggestion I didn't like where it was going, but I can't make the calls, Stiles does.

"Stiles, Alex, come on!" Theo says. "We gotta do something."

Stiles, questionably, glances at the body, "You killed him."

Theo says, more forcefully, "it was self defense!" Stiles looked at him even more questionably, "He was going to kill you, me and Alex. If we stay, were either going to have to lie, or have a pretty convincing story." A pause. "It's your choice."

I could hear the police cars getting louder. "Whatever you want to do Stiles, you better do it quick." I said.

Stiles acknowledges me for a second before Theo speaks again, "I'm not going to ask you to lie to your dad."

"Don't worry, I've had plenty of practice." Stiles says, right before he reaches down and grabs one side of the body. Theo walks over and picks up the other, they both haul the body up.

*****

We are at Deatons and the body is on the metal table. Scott's hear, Stiles called him to check out the chimaera.

"Do you know him?" Theo asks first.

"His names Josh, he was a junior." Scott answers Theo's question.