Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Adam and Taylor were standing in front of the mobile home staring at the pile of rocks of which Jake was buried under. " we should make a move now" Taylor said softly. " what do you want to do travel by foot and go straight or turn back and try another way by using the van?". " we will probably be safer traveling in something that's moving and can kill those things rather than going by foot". " come on then lets get inside" Adam said and wiped the tears off his face.

They jumped inside the van and shut the door. Adam looked in his mirrors and started to reverse quite fast. Taylor looked down at her knee and saw she got a little graze from where she fell on the floor from her jump. She slowly turned her head to Adam, the second she did she saw a spear go straight through the back of Adams head and then see the spike poking thought the front of his face. The blood splattered all over her and she screamed. Adams body fell forward and this made the steering wheel turn and make the van spin out of control. The van skidded into a steep ditch. It rolled once as it went down it and crashed at the bottom on all four wheels. It wasn't major but Taylor cut her head on some glass and she got a few other minor cuts to her cheeks, legs and arms. She was wearing a seatbelt so she remained in her seat. She took it off and turned around to see the large male zombie trapped under the sofa that must have hit him during the roll. Taylor now had about 60 seconds to get out of the van before the zombie escapes. She climbed out the front window that smashed from the crash. She jumped off the bonnet and collapsed to the floor. She was weak and injured and couldn't continue much longer. She did manage to pick herself up and start to climb the steep ditch but the zombie won't be far behind her.

" That's it everyone, that's all the dead ones we need" Derek shouted and he ran to the back wall and pushed the blue button. The staff from other rooms came into their office for a party they carried champagne and various snacks.

Everyone started to party with some music not paying any attention to Taylor climbing the ditch slowly. Susan on the other hand was staring at her computer screen she had noticed something that was wrong. However at the second she saw something wrong the power off and the office computers failed. Every single computer in the building crashed and then went black. "GUYS THE COMPUTERS HAVE CRASHED" she shouted. " oh no we will need to restart them, have we still got access to the live cameras?" Derek asked whilst restarting his computer. " no we haven't" George shouted. " that means the dome isn't around Taylor anymore she can escape" Derek called. " it's ok she doesn't have to die" George called. " no but Jake does" Susan interrupted. Everyone stopped and stared at Susan. " Jake is dead the rocks killed him" Derek told her. " actually while you were all partying I saw on the live cameras a hand climbing out of the pile of rocks, Jake is still alive" she explained. " QUICK EVERYONE DO WHAT YOU CAN TO CLOSE THE DOME JAKE CANNOT SURVIVE!" Derek shouted.

Meanwhile the people at the office couldn't see what was happening Taylor had climbed the ditch and started limping towards the rocks where Jake was buried to get away. She was crying in the process and she thought that by now the zombie by now must have broke free of the sofa and was coming after her.

As she approached the rocks she saw Jakes hand move. " JAKE" she screamed. And hurried over to him. " Jake stay with me!". Although Taylor was very weak and injured she tried her very hardest to move some rocks, eventually she managed to move a few and therefore could see Jake, she could only see his body not his face. Eventually Taylor moved enough rocks to see most of Jake, however Jake was incredibly weak and very injured, with some very bad cuts to the head, body, legs and hands. He had a broken right leg, cracked rib, cracked skull and broken left arm. He was bleeding a lot from his head and Jake wouldn't survive if he didn't get medical attention with a few hours. He was also bleeding on the isn't along with other bruises on the outside. However from the pain Jake was in his body passed out again. Taylor felt the pulse in his right arm and knew he was still alive. She faced two choices, walk onwards alone in search of help and then come back from Jake. However this could take a very long time to find help and Jake may get attacked by zombies and killed by them before she gets back or he could just bleed to death. Her other option was to dragged Jake along with her. The downside to this was he will slow Taylor down even more and she will use up all her energy dragging him plus she could break more bones if she moves him. She didn't want to leave but she didn't want to move him and hurt him.