Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"SURPRISE!" I walk into the building and find myself staring at complete and utter strangers who have super amused and excited expressions on their faces. There are balloons taped to the ceiling and a banner that says, "Welcome Home, Darcy!" I assume this is a party for me. Which makes me feel very grateful but a little uneasy at the same time. I'm going to have to mingle with a bunch of people i don't even know and I'm not good at socializing.

"We thought you could meet everyone right away and what better way to celebrate bringing you home with a party?!" Lou says from behind me and takes my hand. "Don't worry though, the 5 special boys aren't here yet, so theres no need to panic about your appearance," she says, lowering her voice. My outfit is kind of unattractive. I'm wearing sweats and gym shoes and my hair is all messy from the plane.

"Can i go get changed before i meet all these people?" I ask Lou, looking up at her. She smiles and nods silently. Then i take my luggage and move through the people talking and laughing to the room she directs me into.

I walk in and close the door behind me. I sigh and push my back up against the door frame and slide down to the floor. The room is huge. The queen sized bed has a pretty quilt on it along with a blanket and some pillows. The dresser is white and matches the bed frame and has an empty bulletin board on it with lights hung all around the room. There's a big window that shows the backyard and is framed with curtains that match the bedspread. The desk is white and the chair has a blue cushion on it. Theres another door that opens up to a bathroom. The entire room looks like it was professionally designed.

Maybe i could stay in here for a while and nobody would notice. But I know Lou would and Tom. I unzip my suitcase and figure out what to wear. I choose some high-waisted turquoise shorts with a white short sleeved shirt and add a long cross necklace and my favorite bracelets for some charm. Then i go into the bathroom in brush out my hair and quickly dab on some mascara and eyeliner. I look in the full length mirror across the room. My long wavy chestnut hair cascades down my back and my blue eyes match my nail polish. I love fashion and i have always wanted to be a model when I'm older. But I'm only 5'5 but Cindy says that I'm still young and that i'll grow more but i'm not so sure.

I turn back to my suitcase and start to unpack all my clothes in my dresser and hang up my dresses in the closet. Then i hear a knock on the door and a blonde girl with a super cute top on walks in.

"Hi, are you Darcy?" She says, still standing in the doorway.

"Yeah," I say nodding my head. She walks in further and sticks out her hand.

"Well, i'm Charlotte but call me Lottie," She says, shaking my hand.

"Wow, thats such a cool name," I say trying to be complimentary. I need to make a good impression. I feel like we could be really close. She looks about my age.

"Thanks! I love your name too, it's different," she smiles. "I also love your outfit, where did you get it?"

And our whole conversation sparked off from there. She loved fashion just as much as i did and we talked about makeup and shoes and our favorite stores and what its like in America and how its different in England. We talked for 2 hours until Tom came in.

"Where have you been Miss Darcy? There are people out there would are dying to meet you!" He says and Lottie and I walk out. She introduces me to her sisters, her mom, girls named Eleanor, Danielle, and Perrie, who are 3 of One Direction's (or the boys as she calls them) girlfriends and a bunch of their other family members. I meet neighbors, cousins, aunts, uncles, I only remembered a few of their names. One girl especially, who was my new sister.