Chapter 4

** Moose's POV **

I see her taking her instrument out from its box by the music room.She's all by herself.Since the day I met her she's never looked as happy as she was when I saw her dance.

I knock on the observation window and she turns her head to look at me.I smile at her and she smiles back.I walk in the door to her music room.

"Hey." I tell her
"What's up?"
"Not much..You?"

She sighs.

"Well,I got kicked ot my crew." She tells me.
"Wait.The Four-one-oh?! Why?!"
"For being here." She says

I can tell Nat has been struggling alot lately.She can't seem to balance the pressure between MSA and her crew.

"What are you gonna do now?" I ask her breaking the silence.
"I guess I'm just gonna have to stick with MSA." She says.
"Your not giving up on dancing,are you?" I ask.
"I don't know." She says with an upset look on her face.

I wasn't able to eat with Nat today because she had to practice.I was then left alone with Chase and Andie.

Seeing Nat upset makes me feel some type of way.I like it better when she smiles.

"Moose.." I hear Andie say.

I lift my head to look at her.

"Chase and I have been thinking.."
"We're making our own crew." Chase says
"How are you gonna do that?" I ask curiously
"We've added a bunch of people who's never stepped out of their little world.Like Hair.He's this half hippy,half rhythmic rebel and he makes the sickest beats.No one knows what to do with him.Can't put him in a class,gets bored,makes up his own steps." Chase says
"There's also Kido.She's this foreign exchange student obsessed with old-school American hip hop." Andie says
"And trust me,she doesn't need English to speak our language"
"We've got Fly too.She's the quiet one,but not when the music's on.She's kinda too tall to partner,but when your that good,who needs a partner?" Andie says.
"Which brings us to Monster,our resident stunt double.He flips,he slides,he falls.Whatever you need to make an action work onstage.The thing is,he never gets the spotlight.You must also know my boy,Cable?" Chase asks
"Yea,the video yearbook editor?" I ask
"Yup,little do people know,he's one of the best freestyle dancers I've seen in my life."
"Then there's Smiles.Nicest guy you'll ever meet.Dopest dancer on the dance floor." Andie says
"And what do I have to do with this?" I ask
"We want you in the crew.." Chase tells me.

I laugh.

"How is that gonna work? I'm not even on the dancing department!"I tell them.
"But you got great moves! Not everyone outside of the music department can move like you do." Andie says
"Come on,Moose.We've seen you dance,now you only got the world to watch you." Chase tells me

I love dancing to be honest.But learning a choreo isn't easy for me.I like to freestyle.Let my body move to the music and to every single beat.Chase is right,I've got the whole world to dance for.

"Alright." I say giving Chase a handshake.
"Now we only need one more." Andie tells Chase.
"Who else we got? " He asks her.

Natalie.

"I know someone.." I interrupt their little conversation. "Come on,follow me." I tell them as I walk to Nat's practice room.

We stop by the observation window and watch her play.

"I've never seen her..Is she new?" Chase asks

I nod

"The first time I saw her,she was dancing in front of many.I could tell from the look on her face that she was happy.When I saw her here I've never really seen her smile again." I explain
"How good is she?" Andie asks
"The best " I tell them.

I walk in the practice room with Andie and Chase behind me.

"Been working hard?" I ask Nat
"Haven't stopped" she says turning her head towards me
"This is Chase and Andie,my good friends.Guys,this is Natalie." I introduce them
"Moose tells us you dance.." Andie tells her
"Yea,show us what you've got" Chase says

Nat's eyes lights up right when she heard the word dance.

"Alright then.." She says putting down her instrument.

She stands up.

"Make a beat for me" she tells Chase as he begins beat boxing some Micheal Jackson music.

Nat took a few seconds to capture and study the beat and she freestyles.She puts both hands to her sides and spins her body around and moon walks to the side.She stops and makes out a Billie Jean's dance move.She then makes a Micheal Jackson circle slide and ends her dance with a MJ style spin.

"Damn! You can move like a beast!"

They applaud her.

"She's perfect!" Andie tells Chase
"What would you say,if we added you into our crew?" Chase asks Nat
"Uhh,I don't know.." She says "I'm really just focusing on school,right now."
"What about dance?!" Andie asks
"I'm sorry I just can't "
"Why not?You've got a talent and MSA doesn't knows what to do with it." Chase says "Please,we need an amazing dancer like you."

She goes silent for a few seconds.

"Why the hell not." She finally says giving Chase a handshake.

** Natalie's POV **

Class is finally finished and so as school.But now that I'm in a new crew,I must meet with them afterschool.I walk in the dance practice room and I slide my backpack on the floor to the side.I then walk towards my new crew.

"..yea like this?" I hear someone say as the person makes an epic acrobatic move.
"That's crazy" I hear another say.

I am now standing next to Moose with the others from our crew.

"Kido,you went crazy at the show - case after party last year." Chase says pointing at an Asian looking girl.
"That was fun." She says as she bust out some moves.
"You see?! You guys all have an amazing talent! And with all these talents we form a crew to compete at The Streets"
"The Streets? You never told me about The Streets." I say and everyone agrees.
"It doesn't matter whether you knew about the Streets or not.What matters is that with our crew we get to show off what we got" Andie says
"When is it?" Kido asks
"No one knows until a message of the night of." I tell her.
"Director Collins would never allow us to rehearse here." Moose says.

Chase then pulls something out of his pocket.A key.

"Who said Director Collins has to know?"

We then all began with rehearsals.We were taught to use different arm gestures for our dance and we all also got to know more about each other's type of dance.

For a weird geeky looking crew,we all actually look pretty cool once the music is on.I guess it's true when people say that we cannot judge a book by its cover.

We also watched each other make out some moves.I was honeslty amazed by everyone's dance moves.Monster can move like a beast,Hair is like a dancing machine,Fly can shake,Smiles can groove,Kido becomes a whole different person when she dances,Chase's moves blows me away and Cable looks like a man with no bones.
Andie can also surprisngly dance pretty well.

So far,I'm really enjoying my new crew.