Chapter 5: Progress

Italy ran next to Japan, watched by Germany for a good ten minutes before he fell gasping to the ground. The blond squinted at the Italian in irritation. "Done for today." He grunted and walked away. 

"You're making progress." Japan said kindly to the red head. Italy grinned. "Veeeee." 

Germany sat in his office on the phone with his boss, glaring at a spread sheet. "He can run for ten minutes now."The German spoke quickly, wanting to end the call. "That's it?" His bossed asked. "Yes." He admitted, his blue eyes getting cold. "I want for a half hour by the next time I hear from you." His boss hung up, leaving Germany to cuss out the phone. 

Later that evening Germany walked into the kitchen to prepare dinner. He saw the Italian chopping tomatoes and Japan stirring something on the stove. "What do you think you're doing in my kitchen?" Germany folded his arms and glared with his blue eyes. "Making you dinner!" The red head waved his arms in the air, splattering food on the floor. Germany winced. "You looked stressed, so Italy decided we should cook for you." Japan said quietly. Germany snatched up a mop and cleaned the floor, watching for signs of any more messes. 

When the two were done, they placed a plate in front of Germany, waiting for his approval. He took a fork full and took a bite. His eyes widened. "Not bad." He grunted. The two men relaxed visibly and grabbed plates of their own. "Thank you." Germany said as he finished, washed his dish and exited the room. "Wow. I've never heard him thank anyone before." Japan said, looking at Italy who was smiling as always. 

The next few days went by like they usually did. Italy improving slightly, then messing up in some way. Then he would cook dinner or do laundry and Germany would smile for a second. Japan was in total shock over the German's behavior. Germany sat in his office when he heard a knocking on the door. "Sir?" Japan asked, peaking around the door with his soft eyes. "What is it." Germany asked, not angrily. "I just wanted to thank you for everything." Japan said, and left the blond to ponder why everyone was so nice to  him lately. "It's something bout that Italian."He grunted, as he drifted off in his chair, thinking about the red headed Italian. 

_____

Sorry if this chapter is scattered. I've been having writers block and can't break it. Thank you for being patient with me!