The Start

"GET YOUR LAZY ASS DOWN STAIRS AND MAKE US BREAKFAST!" shout's Kyle, a 17 year old guy that lives in the same orphanage as me. Yup that's where me, an Orphan. My names Astrid Malone, I know weird name but that's me. I'm a Shapeshifter, which means I can shift to any animal I want, Oh and I also can control any element I choose, like the avatar elements and also storms, snow and ice and anything. I live in a world with Vampires, Superheroes, Supervillians, and Werewolves, never met a werewolf but You never know. "HURRY UP YOUR LAZY ASS !!!" screams Kyle again, I groan and dress in shorts and a T-shirt, and look in my dirty mirror.

The same face I see everyday, My ice white hair and my neon green eyes, Yes NEON GREEN eyes, different I know. I sigh and trot down stairs into the cafeteria and look around, I spot my bffl Tristan and smile, he's 7 but still the best friend I ever had. His light ginger brown hair was flicking everywhere and he Smiled happily, if he could light the world his smile would make everyone blind! I go and make breakfast, and while I stand waiting, I notice a Woman and Man walk in with Ms. Jeen, the owner of the orphanage. The woman had black hair with emerald eyes, and the man had dark brown hair with lightish brownish colour eyes, both in around mid- 30's, I go and serve breakfast to everyone and while I pass Tristan, I smile and say "Hi Tristan", He turns and smiles, "Hi Astrid!" His Dark brown eyes had a slight sparkle to them. He gently moves a piece of hair out of my eyes and frowns, "He hurt you again didn't he?" He gently touched the light bruise around my left eye making me wince. I nod, Tristan is the only one that knows what happens to me, or otherwise I keep my feelings contained, just like him he tells me everything, including that he can lift things with his mind. or he doesn't say anything. 

"Astrid can I see you for a minute" Kyle said smirking, I sigh and move away from Tristan, his eyes grew wide, "Don't let him hurt you Astrid" Tristan whispers. I start following Kyle, into the closet where he usually hurts me because no one goes in it. I lean against the wall, looking into Kyles hazel eyes, they weren't a nice hazel, an ugly hazel. His black hair over his right eye, he leans in and roughly kisses me, his hands on my stomach. His kiss wasn't a love filled kiss, it was rough and unloved, when he pulls away, I feel the pain of a slap shoot through my body, I was taught not to cry, I bite my lip, to stop the tears. "Leave" he say's, so I do and run down the hallway, to hit straight into a wall, or what I thought was a wall, I look up into a pair of light brown eyes, it was the man from before.   "Sorry " I murmur, "No its okay" He says back smiling. He basically just picked me up, Mr strong guy over here!

"Are you okay?" he asked,"It looks like you've been crying" I look down at my feet for a second, "No I'm fine, just got something in my eye." I lied, "I have to go" I say quickly before running up to my room, because I'm the only 17 year old girl I get my own room, well an attic. I go and look in my mirror to see a red hand mark on my cheek, I gently touched it, to have pain soar through my body. I sigh and jump out my window, and headed toward's the woods, where I shift into my wolf form, pure white with black dashes at the edge of my neon eyes. I start running feeling the wind through my fur, I let out a howl of relief, and run towards my wolf pack, (normal wolves) I greet the alpha pair and get pummeled by the pups, I let out a wolfish laugh and we start playing tag, I only realised the time, once I looked up at the red and orange sky, "SHIZ" I basically scream, "Bye have to go!" I start sprinting towards the orphanage,

"Better get ready for a beating, unless.........." Says my wolf Lupa.

"We can't kill him!" I reply, "Dammit"

I Laugh and keep running, I jump into my room, (Just to say when I shift Im not Naked) and run downstairs into the cafetaria, just as I enter the room I hit into someone, it was Ms Jeen, "Astrid where have you been?" Her silver hair was pulled into a bun, and her light grey eyes were on mine. "Oh I was in my room" She raises an eyebrow. "Well I have news for you," She continues."Really?" "Yes, Mr and Mrs Mitchels are wishing to adopt you, and Tristan" My eyes widen, does that mean I get to leave? "NAH IT MEANS WE STAY FOR EVER IN THIS HELL HOLE!"  Lupa says sarcastically. "REALLY!!" I scream, I was so happy 12 years in this prison and I finally get adopted, I Jump and grip Ms Jeen in a hug. "Thank YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" I then let go and run towards Tristan, I pick him up and swing him in the air."TRISTAN! ME AND YOU ARE FINALLY LEAVING!!" I grip him in a hug, His arms cling to my neck, tears were streaming down my face, 12 frekin years I've been here, now I'm finally free! I turn my head towards Ms Jeen "When do we leave?" I ask, "Tommorow, better get packing and get some rest." I put Tristan down, "Better get ready sweetie, even when were away from here I will protect you no matter what Ok?" he nods and hugs me. "Go to bed hun." He turns and walks away, I smile. "Astrid you go to bed, you'll need it" Ms Jeen says, I nod smiling.