19

"Can you take us to this address?" Adriel asks the Uber driver as he hands him the slip of paper.

"Sure thing." The woman says, entering the address into the built in GPS.

"Do you think he'll find out? Or even find us?" I nervously ask.

"If those guys didn't recognize us coming out of the hotel, do you honestly think that he'll be able to recognize us?"

"Oh. Okay."

We drove around for awhile. "Adriel, where are we going?"

He looks at me, then sighs. "We're going to a friend's of mine. You might recognize him."

Who could it possibly be?

We arrive in a ghetto neighborhood, one I recognize immediately. "Jose."

"Yeah. You guessed it."

The driver stops at the house. "Here's your stop."

"Thank you." I say as I exit the vehicle.

The woman immediately drives off. She probably already got another call.

Adriel and I walk up to the house. He knocks, then a person immediately opens the door, only opening it slightly.

When they see Adriel, they shoo him in.

"Um, there's someone I've been wanting you to meet."

The guy I recognize as Jose opens it more, releasing a cloud of smoke. "This Jessica?"

"Yeah." Adriel says, rubbing the back of his neck.

Jose looks me up and down, judging, I assume. He nods, then looks back at Adriel. "You did good, nigga."

I laugh. "Like you could do any better."

Jose puts his hand to his chest in fake offense, causing Adriel and I to laugh. He looks back at Adriel for confirmation. "She's right nigga."

He pretends to slam the door shut on me, although he stops as it's about to close. "Come in."

I enter, then place my backpack on the ground. "Nice place."

Inside, it is huge. The living room itself is almost larger than a small one story house.

"Nah. I just share the house, is all."

I give him a questioning look, causing him to laugh.

"Kidding."

We follow Jose into a room that is far from everything else. The room is large, almost as big as the living room. "You guys can stay in here. Don't worry, you can't hear anything outside of this room." Jose says as he winks at Adriel.

Adriel laughs, then looks down at me, looking straight through me.

I blush, looking down at the ground to hide my embarassment.

"Alright. Come join me later, Adriel. We'll do a broadcast or some shit like that." He leaves us in the room, off into what I suppose is another room.

"What do you wanna do?" Adriel asks, setting his stuff onto the bed.

"Whatever is fine." I say, laying my head on his lap.

"Let's stay here. We need to rest, after all."

We cuddle for 2 minutes before our phones interrupt us.

I bring my phone up to eye level, revealing a disturbing message.

From: Steven

I warned you. Adriel isn't coming back.
~
To: Steven