SUNDAY

I'm becoming much better at planning events for Elliot and I. For instance, today I decided I wanted him to meet my brother. Levi is a massive part of who I am. You can't get to know me unless you meet Levi. It's difficult to explain, but he's like my other half.

Sunday mornings, I take him to his swim class and just wait at the donut shop down the street until he's finished.

At the farmer's market yesterday, I told Elliot to meet me here so we could begin our next excursion. I sit in the corner and scroll through my phone.

The door opens and a gust of wind rushes in. I look up and see Elliot shaking his hair out, shoving his hands in his pockets, and eventually making eye contact with me. He smiles and starts walking towards my table, but he pauses as he reaches me, looking me up and down.

He nods to himself. "You look good."

The statement takes me by surprise. It seems like a random thing to say, seeing as how I didn't dress myself up in any special fashion this morning. I'm literally wearing a gray hoodie and jeans with Converse. I couldn't be less vibrant. Nonetheless, I accept the compliment.

Elliot takes a seat and folds his hands on the table. "I had a thought yesterday and felt I should share it with you."

I lean forward and rest my chin in the palm of my hand, staring at him. "What is it?"

"We should have a sleepover."

My jaw literally drops in shock. He said it so casually. The idea obviously doesn't faze him in the slightest. "A what?"

"Sleepover? Slumber party, overnight stay, whatever you call it."

I shake my head at him. "No, I know what a sleepover is. I'm just confused as to why we should have one."

I'm not saying no, I just need an explanation. We're both adults, so it's not like I have to ask my parents for permission.

"Well, I think it would be a good way to get to know you better. In the comfort of your own home, you would be entirely relaxed." He says and leans back in his chair.

"You want to spend the night at my apartment?"

He nods affirmatively and I furrow my eyebrows. Well, this is definitely confusing. I wasn't expecting him to say that, but I suppose at this point I've learned to expect profound statements from him. I don't really have a reason to say no. It just seems weird to me.

"Okay. I suppose we could do that. When?"

"Tonight."

And I'm surprised again. Elliot is so abrupt sometimes. He says things without any warning or hesitation. He just seems so sure of himself.

"I don't see why not." I shrug, but on the inside, I'm panicking to remember if my apartment is clean and if I made my bed and if I have food and if the pillows on the couch are fluffed. I don't know why I'm this worried. I always keep my living space clean and I always have more food than I need—I'm not sure about the pillows though.

For the remainder of our time at the donut shop, Elliot and I just talk. He's a very eloquent speaker and I learn that he enjoys writing and taking long showers because they relax him and allow him to think. I never knew someone could enjoy showers so much.