Chapter 2

-Elizabeth's p.o.v.-

*Now*

"Mother, I am going out." I said as I curtsied.

As I was about to leave my mother called out to me, "What would you like to do for your 16th birthday tomorrow?"

I turned around. I had forgotten about my own birthday! "Um, a big party. I would like to invite the towns people too. I want to have a regular sweet 16, nothing to fancy." I replied. I had my mind set and I wasn't going to change it.

My mother sighed, "Ok. Invite whoever you want in the town. But one thing. Have a slumber party after words. Boys and girls. That's what the towns people do."

I smiled and curtsied again."Thank you mother!" I put on a more casual spring dress and headed to the big town. It was so different! I waited outside a little coffee shop for Oliver.

"If it isn't my favorite girl, Izzy!" Oliver shouted.

I smiled and hugged him as he ran up. "Oliver! Guess what!"

"What, babe?" Oliver said ' babe' teasingly.

"I get to have a normal sweet 16 and a slumber party! And anybody can come!" I smiled.

"That's great! So I'll be your date, right?" He asked.

"Of course!" I smiled. I loved Oliver, and more than a brother or a best friend.

Oliver smiled,"Let's go invite some people."