~Present~

It's midnight I can hear the rain falling outside my window tapping against it to the beat of Drown by Bring Me The Horizon softly playing in the background the sound of my phone vibrating seems to overpower all of that. Even though I can't see who's calling I know exactly who it is. Abel broke up with me 5 months ago and just recently started trying to talk to me again. The familiar ding of a Facebook message breaks through my music and I go over to my phone and see that it is Abel's cousin Jeff. He's been messaging me all night about how much Abel regrets everything that has happened.

Facebook message:
Jeff: Riley look outside your window.

Shit Abel's been saying that if I wasn't going to talk to him over the phone he was going to come to my house and talk to me in person. I haven't seen him sense he left for a job and moved in with his brother in New Hampshire and that was 5 months ago. Things between us were fine the first few weeks but one day he just decided to end things. He had no reason no answers he just said that he didn't want to do the long distance relationship thing and that he was done. The sad thing is he couldn't even call me he did it through text. That whole night he refused to answer my phone calls and kept telling me he didn't want to be guilted into being with me. It's funny because earlier that day he was texting me just fine telling me he loved me teasing me when I told him I had eaten to much candy at the movies. He broke up with me 2 days before our 1 year anniversary. It was a Saturday. Needless to say I didn't get any sleep that night. What I found out a few weeks after that broke me even more.

My phone starts vibrating again. This time it's a text message.

Text message from Abel: please Riley please just answer your phone if you don't want me here than answer your phone and tell me. I don't care if it's raining I don't care if I have to stay out here all night just to talk to you you deserve a real apology in person. Please.

I sit down on my chair near my window the rain still beating against it as another song fills my room. After a second I realize the song playing is Jetpack Blues by Fall Out Boy. A song I had on repeat the night he ended things between us. I listen to it play for a little bit knowing that Abel is still outside my window. After a moment I peek outside my blinds into the darkness my eyes adjust and I see the silhouette of a person. I quickly close the blinds and take a step back. I bite my lip and close my eyes. Do I really want to open my window I think to myself. Ever sense the first morning he texted me I've been very confused. A part of me really wants to talk to him I have so many questions for him that were left unanswered but another part of me despises him for what he's done for how badly he hurt me and for what he put me through.