~Flashback to 3 months ago~

I'm sitting on my bedroom floor listening to music. It's the middle of the night and I'm crying. Not long after Abel broke my heart an old friend I fell out of touch with decided to reconnect. I met Chris in the group counseling I ended up in because of my relationship with Eli. Chris introduced me to Abel he was one of his friends before Abel and I started dating Chris had had feelings for me and wanted to tell me how he felt but was to late I had already caught feelings for Abel. Sense that day Chris left me alone he never texted me or called me. When he found out Abel had left me he reached out to our mutual friend (my best friend Aubrey) and asked if she could get him in contact with me. After much consideration I agreed to let her give him my number again. Sense that day we've talked almost every day told each other about our problems and comforted each other. Tonight is no exception we both text each other telling each other how much we are hurting and how much we miss our exes. Except this time there's something that Chris has to tell me.

Texts between Chris and Riley:

Chris: I lost you...then tried to rebuild myself...fell in love with Sam the way I loved you...and now I lost her..

Riley: yea and after Eli I never imagined being with anyone but then I met Abel fell in love with him and now he's gone...and it sucks and it hurts and I wish I could take things back I wish I could change things but I can't and it fucking hurts everyday knowing that he left to better himself and he didn't want to do that with me even though he wanted that job for me and to do things for me like I had for him but because I decided to open my mouth to him the other day out of anger I ruined any chance of possibly being with him again..

Chris: you may want to ask me about what I had found out....

Riley: what..
What did you find out...
Chris tell me...

Chris: *sends picture message* this is what I was told......

I click on the picture it's a screenshot of a conversation between him and a girl named Jill. The conversation goes on about how Jill confessed to Chris about how her and Abel were seeing each other behind my back... As soon as I had opened the picture message and saw her name I knew exactly who the girl was...Abel would always talk to her but he had always reassured me that it was nothing and that he loved me and only me whenever I had my doubts...I should've listened to my gut...

Chris: Riley...this is part of the reason why I wanted to start talking to you again...to make sure you were ok....