Chapter 3

After the fun day of shopping Sadie drops me off at home. I throw the shopping bags on my bed... Tonight's going to suck.

I look at the clock. 4:36. Better get ready. I blast the radio. I Dare you by Bea Miller comes on. I jump into the shower and sing in front of my audience of bathroom supplies.

+++

I turn off the shower. Stepping out; I quickly grab the towel. I shake from the cold air.

I go to my bed and grab my dress. I slip it on along with spandex shorts. The things I do to be able to ride my motorcycle in a dress.

I return to the bathroom to fix my wet mop... Also known as my hair. I blow dry it and curl it. For my makeup I apply the regular stuff; foundation, concealer, etc. for my eyes I go for a bold smokey eye and for my lips I apply a popping red.

I grab the gold necklace and put it on. Then I stuff a backpack with my heels and a fancy looking purse. I walk to the door while grabbing my beloved combat boots and leather jacket.

I get on my bike while having difficulty with the dress. Once I'm ready I put my helmet on and pray to God tonight isn't Hell. With a vroom I'm off to my doom.

+++

I ride up to the gates. I press the buzzer. "Dad, it's me," I say into the intercom. "Jess," I roll my eyes, "ica."

There's a loud buzzing sound followed by the gates opening. As you can see my dad is a humble soul. Note the sarcasm.

I ride up the driveway. I get off my bike and take off my combat boots and replace them with my white heels. I shove both my boots and jacket into my backpack. I take my purse out of the bag. I leave my helmet and backpack on the bike. I walk, more like stumble, to the door. Before I knock I check my hair in my phones camera. Once I see I'm presentable I knock.

The door opens to my loving father. "Jessica, get in here. Our guest is almost here, and I don't want him to think my blood is," he stops. He takes a look at my collar bone, and I know he's looking at my new ink. "What the hell is this! I didn't raise a-" he's cut off by the door bell. "We will talk about this later."

Before my father opens the door my sister, Kimberly, descends from the stairs. "Hello, sis," she greets me. I roll my eyes and put on a big, fake smile.

The door opens revealing the special guest. "Theodore, it's a pleasure having you here." I look at the man standing in front of me. He looks awfully familiar.

"I'd like you to meet my loving daughters Kimberly and Jessica."

"Nice to meet you both, but please call me Theo," the man says in a British voice. That's it! He's the jackass that gave me the ticket!

"Jessica, please take Theo to the coat room so he can hang up his coat," Kimberly orders me.

I nod and smile. "Follow me." I lead him to the room. I can tell he doesn't recognize me.

I open the door to the coat room. "Thanks for the ticket," I say sarcastically.

He looks at me confused, but his eyes widen. "You're that punk, biker girl?"

"Yeah yeah yeah. Shocker right? How can someone like me," I motion to myself, "be related to the judge of the town." I roll my eyes.

He takes off his jacket and hangs it up. "I see you still have quite a mouth on you." I lead him out of the room.

"Well don't get too attached to it. It's going away in 3, 2, 1." As I say one we walk into the dinning room. "Please, Theo sit," I say. He looks at me with confusion written all over his face, but I ignore it and sit next to him.

As the wine is being poured by one of the butlers, questions are being asked.

"Theo I can't help but notice your British accent," Kimberly comments.

"Yes, well my father was British and he moved to America after meeting my mum. When I was born they decided to move back to England. Then when I was 19 we moved back to America," he tells her.

"How fascinating. What made you want to be involved with law?" She continues to ask him questions.

"I've just always been intrigued by law."

"I feel the same way about law. That's why I became I lawyer," Kimberly boast about herself.

I roll my eyes earning me a glare from my dad across the table from me. Kimberly looks beside her at our father. "I guess my loving dad taught me a few things while I was growing up."

Wow. We haven't even gotten to the meal, and Kimberly has both boasted about herself and sucked up to dad. That's got to be a new recorded for her.

"So, is everyone in your family involved with law?" Theo questions. My dads eyes widen a little and shift to me.

I speak up. "You could say that." I'm not lying. I am, at times, involved with the law. See what I did there?

+++

As everyone finishes up their dinner the butler starts to serve dessert.

"I'm sorry to ask this, Theo, but I don't see a ring on your finger. Is there a Mrs. James?" Kimberly asks. I think someone has a crush. Gag.

"No there isn't. I'm waiting for the right woman," he informs her. Obviously not getting the hint.

+++

Everyone finishes dessert. We still sit at the dinning table questioning Theo.

"It's getting late. I have to get going now. It was nice meeting your family Judge Matthews," Theo says while getting up.

"I'll show you the door," Kimberly says almost leaping out of her chair.

When Theo leaves all attention turns towards me. "Now Jessica! Please tell me where did you get the idea to get a tattoo in plain sight!?"

I roll my eyes. "Because I'm not your puppet anymore! I have to go. I have work tomorrow," I say rushing out.

Before I close the door my dad screams back at me. "You mean that tattoo parlor? That's hardly a job! Grow up Jessica! Your mom would be very disap-"

I slam the door behind me. I take off my heels and stomp to my bike. I angrily put on my combat boots and jacket. I shove my purse and heels into the bag.

I'm about to get on my bike when I hear a cough. I look up to see Theo standing by his car. "What?" I snap.

"I-umm-my car won't start."

I huff over to his car lifting the hood. "Try turning it on again," I growl.

He does as I say. I see his problem. It's a few loose screws. "Let me go get a wrench." I start walking to the shed in the back yard. I hear foot steps behind me.

Rolling my eyes I continue. "So, you and your dad aren't close?" He asks.

Without stopping I yell, "What the hell do you think!?"

"Oh," is all he says.

I unlock the shed and look for a wrench. I see one on the top shelf. I try and grab it, but I'm too short. Maybe I should have kept the heels on.

"Let me help." Before I could reply I'm lifted up in the air by my waist. I quickly grab the wrench.

Theo puts me down. I turn so I face him. "Don't touch me. I'm not in the mood."

"I was just trying to he-" I cut him off my walking away.

I go to his car and fix the screws and a few other bolts. "Start the car." He does, and it purrs like a kitten.

I slam the hood. "Thank you, Jessica," Theo says to me.

I ignore his gratitude and get on my bike and leave.

|~|~|~|

Woah. Jessica has a short temper and some sass. Basically explains me. Hope you guys enjoyed it. If you did vote and comment.

I have a feeling you guys will like the next chapter.