Chapter One

Beyoncé's POV

I was awoken from my slumber with the horrible noise of my alarm. I opened my eyes and turned off the alarm that was set on my phone on my nightstand.

I looked at the time on my iPhone and it read 07:31am.

I rolled my eyes and I just wanted to go back to sleep but then I remembered I had work today.

I was a therapist for kids, and I loved my job, even though sometimes the stories that I heard from children as young as 3 broke my heart. I loved kids and seeing them go through so much mental/physical pain hurt me, but I learnt that I couldn't let that get to me, otherwise I would end up just as bad and as damaged as them.

I pushed the comforters off of me and made my way into my ensuite.

I brushed my teeth and had a shower making sure everything was clean. I made my way back into my bedroom with my towel wrapped round me and I put lotion all over my body.

I dropped my towel and walked over to my wardrobe. I lived by myself so I didn't really have to worry about people walking in on me.

It was quite warm in Houston, so I decided on wearing a body con skirt and a blue top (outfit attached, let's just pretend you can't see her stomach or her bra) and some heels to match my skirt.

I placed my outfit on my bed as I put my baby blue lingerie on.

I then got dressed and sat down at my dressing table as I flat ironed my naturally curly brown hair and just left it down. I then applied a light layer of makeup and placed a gold necklace around my neck.

I grabbed my Michael Kors handbag and slipped on my heels. I grabbed my car keys to my Mercedes and made my way out of the house.

I checked the time on my way to the car and it was 8:15, I had 45 minutes to get to work which was plenty of time.

As I was about to get into my car, I noticed that my neighbour was moving boxes out of her house. I didn't really talk to her much. She was around her late 50's and I didn't really see anyone go in or out of her house apart from herself.

I got in my car and made my short journey to work which only took around 20 minutes.

I stopped at Starbucks, and I got a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate.

"Beyoncé" the worker said informing me my hot chocolate was ready.

"Thank you" I said giving him a warm smile and making my way across the road where my workplace was situated.

I walked in and I was greeted by our receptionist Aimee. "Good Morning Miss Knowles" she said smiling as I walked past her.

"Good morning Aimee, did you enjoy your weekend?" I asked her as I took sips of my hot chocolate still waiting for it to cool down.

"It was good actually, I visited my mum and she treated to me to dinner in this really nice restaurant, how was yours?" She said seeming pretty happy.

"Oh that's nice" I said smiling at her "Nothing really, I just went shopping with my sister and that was it" I said still smiling at her.

Aimee was a really sweet girl, although she did tend to go on and on about things that weren't really important.

"Have a nice day Miss Knowles"

She said as I walked away smiling at her.

I reached my office and placed my handbag down beside me as I sat down at my desk, the time was exactly 9am and my first patient would be in 15 minutes.

Shawn's POV

I had just got off the plane from New York, I was pretty excited about moving to Houston, I had always wanted to visit Texas.

I grabbed my luggage and got in a cab that took me to my new home.

It was around 1:30 in the afternoon, and the previous owner of the house had moved out earlier on today.

I arrived at my new house, and I paid the driver and got my luggage out of the trunk.

The vans with all my furniture should be here soon, so I decided to have a look around my new home.

I'd seen pictures and it seemed pretty nice, but this was my first time actually seeing the place in person.

As I walked in, there was a strong smell of paint, so I'm guessing the previous owner had just painted all the walls white, which was even better for me.

The place had three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living area, kitchen, and a fairly big garden. It was really big considering it would be only me living here.

After about 10 minutes of looking round my new home, there was a knock at the door, informing me that my furniture was here.

I helped the men with all my stuff, telling them to just put my furniture anyway as I would sort it out later.

After about 2 hours of moving stuff around, my furniture was finally in and there was just a few boxes with my clothes, and shoes and the rest of my belongings.

I looked at my watch and my time read 3:45pm.

I looked out the window and I noticed a black Mercedes pulling up in the house next door.

I continued watching, and out got a beautiful woman with caramel skin, long brown hair, and damn was she fine.

She bent down looking for something in her car giving me a perfect view of her ass, I bit my lip as she stood up and closed her car door making her way inside her house.

After a while having an argument with myself whether I should go over there and introduce myself, I decided to man up and go and introduce myself.