Chapter 6: Finder's Keepers

"Mysterious" POV

When she sits on the amp, all I can do is regret what I said. I didn't mean for it to come out mean. All I was doing was joking around, but I don't really have my "joking" voice down yet, so I usually just sound like an ass half the time.

  "I'm going to check on Connor and Emily. They got quiet really fast," Thomas says, pausing Call Of Duty. Wait, there's a pause on that game? He never uses it.

    "Dude, I think you upset her," Toby says to me.  

"I didn't mean to. You know I have a problem when it comes to joking," I say.

He shrugs his shoulders and goes back to playing Temple Run 2. I swear, he's addicted to that game.  

                  I look up and see Emily runninb by, grabbing Izzy, and then they're gone.  I  see Thomas and Connor walking down the hallway. I ask Thomas with my expression what happened. He shakes his head.  

"Nothing happened," Connor says, glaring at me. I feel my cheeks heat up a little, and I feel something vibrate against my leg. I look down to see a phone.

  "What the hell?" I mutter.  

"What's up?" Connor asks. There's a new text message from Twitter. I open it, reading the tweet.   @Blondes4BYE: @BYETheBestThing Yeah, go home crying "princess". Your prince doesn't want you.  

"Oh my God," I say. Connor reads over my shoulder, and he gasps.

  "Is that Izzy's phone?" he asks. I look up her account on Twitter.  

"Yeah, it's hers. Does she get this a lot?" I ask.  

"I don't know, but I wouldn't see if she does. That's an invasion of her privacy. Just give it to Ben for now. Hopefully, they'll notice that it's gone before we go back to Orlando," he says, and he walks away.

I slip the phone into my pocket, and then I get an idea.  

I take her phone back out, go to Twitter's messages, and text Twitter.

I text things like "Riley's sexy and he knows it," and stuff like that.  

Pretending to be a fangirl is fun.