Sunset At Sepulveda Falls- Entry Mark #002

"So maybe I should tell you a bit about myself. I used to be funny, I used to be a little girl. I was quite the adventurer back then. It's too bad it landed me here. I used to hear about it so much, The Falls, I mean. Odd things, like, 'Children gone missing; swallowed by Falls.' I used to think they were making the headlines dramatic for more attention, as my small town's newspaper was never really popular. That's all I thought. At least until Thomas went missing. He went looking for The Falls and never came back, so I assume he found it. But Noah, he wasn't happy. Noah couldn't live with himself knowing that Thomas was definitely gone, so to prove Thomas was still there, he ventured to find The Falls. Angrier headlines met the newspaper. Depressed parents screamed at police. Confused police overlooked The Falls, but deep down, I knew. I knew those words weren't just ink on paper anymore. I hated knowing that. Honestly, I couldn't stand it. So, dumbly, I went looking for it myself. I had figured out what I was in for, so I think I lasted a bit longer than the others. The Falls like it when you can persevere. They test you. Run you clean out of food, send leeches your way. Bears, deer, moose, maybe even a vicious skunk, and they try to scare you. I made it to The Falls. I watched Noah's carcass float around for a small bit. His carcass was attached to Thomas'. I suppose even in death, they were inseparable. I knew it was a test. I tried to only cry a little. I was sure that back home, Ryan and Sepulveda were making a fuss. Ah, yes, my older brother and sister. Always making a fuss over something or another. Sepulveda was always my favourite sibling, though. She was optimistic, rarely letting the arguments with Ryan get to her. I miss her brightness. She was a preteen back then. She'd probably be an adult, now. I've lasted very long. I decided on a name for these wretched falls, and I chose it because of hope. 'Sepulveda Falls.' It reminds me that no matter what, as long as I'm here, Sepulveda can give me hope. Thank you, Sepulveda. May my words reach you, and may these Falls not tempt you. As I said before, do not try to find me. And even if you do come, leave before sunset, or Sepulveda Falls will take you, just like it took me. Now, I believe I hear The Falls calling me, and this time, I will succumb to the call. Please let these words warn you. And if anything, remember, 'Sepulveda Falls', Remember hope."