Chapter 1

Entrance to Vore village ^

Thank you for looking at my book! I don't update very often because I have a life outside of Wattpad, but I will do my best to keep posting!

I tend to have other ideas during most of my stories, so I start others before I finish the first one. I have a plan for the whole book though so I hope you enjoy reading!

I'd appreciate any comments, votes, and check out my other stories! Thanks for reading my story.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

I watch from below as the small stream of the waterfall flows down the side of the grassy cliff into the river below. The peaceful sounds of nature are music to my ears while I'm away from the chaos of the village. Everyone who lives in the huge caves deep in the mountain, hidden behind the waterfall, can't stay in one place for too long. They're always bustling and moving about, but sometimes you have to enjoy things by going slow and admiring them.

I live in my sunny oasis on top of the neighboring hill. Granted I have to climb up many unsturdy stairs to get there, but home is home. I'm drawn to the sunny mornings filled with the songs of birds and the splash of fish jumping from the stream.

The aching in my back from leaning against the swaying willow tree and the heat from the morning sun urges me to start my day. I take my time getting up and stretch, hearing the various pops from all of the tense parts. I sling my bow over my shoulder, since I take it everywhere I go, and start walking the path to the dock.

The only way to enter the cave is by taking a small riverboat upstream to the tiny opening. It's ideal for keeping our village hidden from dangers because the entrance is so small you would never expect the giant cave inside.

I near the dock when Anthony runs up to me. He holds his father's fishing pole because, like me, he enjoys the beautiful mornings we have here.

"Why doesn't he just give you that thing?" I ask pointing to his pole. "You steal it every morning while he's asleep."

"This is his favorite one and he has to use it for his job. If I'm lucky I get the one we have in the attic that's falling to pieces." He says shrugging. Anthony is grateful for anything he gets because he knows that everyone here struggles for money. We're always buying only what's necessary, and splurge only a little on holidays and festivals.

We finally make it to the dock with five or six tiny rowboats tied to it. He throws his bags in and we both slowly step into the wobbly boat.

"Are you nervous to get your markings?" He asks as he starts rowing upstream, probably noticing how tense I am. Every year during the solstice the next generation gets a unique set of markings. It goes down the sides of your face and then covers your neck and shoulders. Every village does this and each has a different perk, and ours happens to be breathing underwater.

"No," I lie, shifting uncomfortably just think about the event that's about to take place. "Are you?" I ask even though I already know he's probably as terrified as I am.

"Not at all." He says dismissing the topic with a sassy wave of his hand making me laugh. We go past the waterfall and I run my fingers through the water, leaving gaps under every finger.

As we enter the cave and my eyes adjust to the dim light I start to hear the bustle of the people. We tie our boat to the side of the dock and I hop out only to almost be shoved back into the river. The burly man who bumped into me glares over his shoulder and keeps walking. Good thing everyone isn't like that.