August 1st 2015

4:30 A.M.

I'm watching some YouTube and thinking about life then it hits me: Me and Monica aren't as close anymore.

I start to worry how close I am to anyone. So, I listen to "Give You What You Like" as I text friends and family members "I love you."

One of my closest friends text back.

Scrib: "Umm. Ok? I'm confused. It's 4:30 Icy. Why are you awake?"

I bite my tongue and smile.

Me: "Oh, you know. Insomnia.. Heheh. Ugh. I have a problem."

Scrib: "Oh? Is everything ok?'"

Me: "No! I'm scared that Monica doesn't like me anymore! I even asked if we could be friends next year and she said "Maybe." W-what does that mean?! It's bad enough I can't date her, but I can't loose her as a friend!"

We talk some more about how I should talk about my feelings to Monica, and I feel better.

Me: "Thx Elliot! Goodnight."

Scrib: "Mhmm! Goodnight Icy."

I sit staring at my phone, looking at a black screen and listening to that stupid song.

This is stupid I think. Why should I listen to Elliot? She had a different relationship with Monica! I sigh and bite my pillow.

I get an idea from the song I was listening to and think of a story line.

"Well, no more mopeing. Time to get to work."