Chapter 1

Mia's POV: I walk into the class I despise of so much. Calculus. It was only the second day of classes and I know I needed it to get into Boston University for Deaf Studies.

Yes. I wanted to learn all the sign language and all that Jazz.

All that jazz? You ask.

I really don't know. But what I do know is that this class is going to suck.

We line up with our stuff in the back of the classroom like some middle school pre- algebra class.

"Cameron Dallas! You sit here." My teacher, Mrs. White says. I take a minute to look at his features.
Perfect hair
Perfect body
Jawline curved by god himself.
Perfect face.

"MIA FAIRSTIEN!" She yells.

"Ya." I get pulled out of my daze by the mortifying voice of Mrs. White, and the classes laughter.

"You sit here." Just great I sit right next to Cameron Dallas. I grab my stuff and sit down.

"Aren't you new here or something?" Cameron asks.

"Ya. Moved to Chino Hills from the town of Portland." I say.

"Portland Oregon?" He asks.

"Hahaha no. Portland Maine." I laugh.

"Well thats a far trip." He laughs.

"Ya. It certainly was." I grab a pencil out of my backpack and start taking notes.

"So Portland, do you understand this stuff?" He asks.

"Kinda. Like it has always been easy for me."

"What about other classes?"

"Dude. I am a strait A student, but I would so rather be watching Netflix right now." I say.

"Netflix, huh. Maybe you were cut out to be a California Girl." He says.

"Oh don't start sin-" I try to say but he cuts me off by singing Katy Perry.

The bell rings. And we really did nothing in the class but talk. Thats cool. I rush to my locker and grab my stuff.

"PORTLAND!" I here from down the hallway. I whip around to see Cameron Dallas running to catch up with me.

"Yes?" I ask, questioning his need to run down the hallway screaming Portland.

"Can you help me study. Its already the second day of school but I need to do homework. We are seniors. I need good grades." He asked.

"Fine Dallas b-"

"Portland I live in Chino, not Dallas." He laughs.

"Let me finish. First, dallas is your last name and in Portland we are known by our last names. Second, we are gonna do homework. This isn't Netflix and chill." I laugh. Then remembered that I have a sign class online tonight at 6.

"Cam! I have to be done by 6." I say as we are walking to our cars.

"Why? Netflix and chill so you can watch Noel Kahn cut Spencer's hand on Pretty Li-"

"AHHHHHHH!" I scream.

"What?" He says.

"Spencer cut Noel's hand and I have an online sign language class."

"Like deaf sign. CAN YOU HERE ME?" He yells.

"Yes. But you may have just deafened me." I laugh.

We get to our cars, in the senior lot.

"You can just follow me." I say and hop in my car. I plug my phone into the aux and start blaring Drake.

"NOW I WANT TO BE IN YOUR CAR!" Cameron yells over the music.

"WELL COME ON THEN! I WILL DRIVE!" I yell back.