the night that changed me.

Zaya's Outfit in M/M.
Zaya
(2 days later)

I was so excited. This is my first date. Crazy I know. I'm 19 and in college with no experience with guys. I've had my first kiss but that doesn't count, that was like 7th grade.

I was skeptical when I gave my number to Travis, something seems so off about him. Lila said I feel that way because its my first date, maybe she's right.

It was already 7:00, damn time goes by fast.

The doorbell rang.

He was right on time but when I opened the door it wasn't Travis, it was the infamous Quinn.

"Hey," I flashed him a fake smile because I haven't talked to him in like 2 days, why show up now.

"Hey.. Uh you look.. Beautiful."

I immediately started blushing,"Thanks, so what are you doing here?"

He started running his fingers through his hair, walking back and forth, he was ..... Nervous? Why would he be nervous? Scared?

"Quinn, whats wrong? You okay?"

"Don't go on the date."

How did he know?

I raised my left eyebrow and laughed,"Why?"

"Travis is not who you think he is."

Oh wow.

I looked at him crazy angrily said,"Why not Q? ... He's the only guy that's into me, so I'm not gonna pass that up because you have a bad suspicion about him."

"Its not like that! Z I have proof, he ra-"
He got cut off by the doorbell ringing. I opened the door, Travis stood there with some roses. He looked nice... He had on a black and white striped, long sleeve, button down Polo shirt with some black pants and black shoes.

"You look great," he said.

"Thanks, so do you."
His eyes traveled from me to Quinn, he raised his eyebrows.
"Uh .. Quinn was just leaving."
Quinn bit his lip and walked to the door, bumping into Travis on purpose. Walking down the steps, he turned around and said,"Dont say I didn't warn you."

I ignored him and Travis gave me the flowers and we walked to his car.

········
We were at some new restaurant called E's Bostro. It was great , they even had a bar. We got our seats and ordered our food.

"So tell me more about you," Travis said. So I did. As did he.

When we were done eating, we walked to the bar to get a drink. I had to pee so I went to the bathroom. When I came back, I sat next to Travis, he gave me a drink but I didn't drink it because Quinn came to my mind.

What is he talking about? Travis is nice. Even though I dont particularly trust him doesn't mean he's a bad guy.
I was just twirling the straw around in my drink and Travis knocked me out of my thoughts saying,"You ready to go?"
I smiled and said, "Yea sure."

········

We made it to my dorm, I unlocked the door and screamed Lila's name, she must be out with Tyus or something. I turned around and told Travis he could come in and sit down. He did and I walked to the closet and took off my heels. Suddenly, his hand covers my mouth. What the hell? Im trying to scream but I can't. He picks me up and throws me on the bed. I start screaming so he punched me. I've had an abusive childhood so if he's going to hit me, he's gonna have to do better than that. I grabbed his head and kicked him in his face, he fell backwards and I tried to make it to the door but he grabbed my leg causing me to fall and hit my head on the doorknob.
Everything went black...

······
I woke to a terrible pain and then I remembered. Travis thrusted into me again. I started screaming No! But he put his hand over my mouth and kept going in and out of me. I started crying. Memories just flashed through my head, all the bad moments in my life and here's another one. What did I ever do to deserve these things? For the rest of the night I just cried for Quinn, hoping he'd be my superhero. But he didnt come.

No one came.