Chow Time

Lu and Morr strode into the room with an air of authority that was well deserved, with Lu dragging a large wolf behind them. The wolf must have been following the scent of the deer. Poor wolfie. Lu probably picked it up for Cian on the way back to satiate him. Cian seemed contented though.

Upon seeing his offspring, he let out a grunt, not really looking at any of them. Dagda, the warped, Ealga, the proud, and Cian, the voracious. Each had a place in his heart, but Ealga was his pride and joy. Distant, but not cold, brave, but not stupid, and intelligent, he considered her as the most like himself. Dagda took after his mother too much, with his bouts of depression, and Cian..... Cian was another story altogether. Two children in a vampire family was rare, 3 was unheard of. There must be a reason for that, Lu thought, looking straight at Cian.

"Well done Ealga, on your first successful hunt."

"Yes, well done sister!  I have not had deer in, what? Four months, twenty eight days? If my counting is correct."

"It is, Cian. Don't eat it all like the last time." Morr said to her son with pity in her eyes.

"Of course not! I am in CONTROL. Or as close as I will ever be. I made a breakthrough in my experiments." Cian shot a look at Lu, and averted his gaze quickly to the deer when Lu stared back. It was like looking into the sun for Cian. Blind hatred. His father did not approve of these "experiments". They were unnatural. This is why Cian stayed in the lowest, darkest place of the castle, away from prying eyes. None of the rest of the family went down there, maybe for fear of catching his bloodlust.

Dagda moved toward the stag. He picked up a knife hanging from his belt. Dagda stabbed the stag. And again. And again. 

This was not one of his good days.

"let me, you arse."

Cian walked over and pulled the dagger from his brothers hands. It was hard to tell when Dagda was broken sometimes. He usually just stayed quiet, but sometimes there were other indicators. Like repeated stabbing, or wailing, sometimes. He even jumped off the cliff once, all the good it did him in his despair. Luckily, his madness only lasted a day or two, and he never harmed any of his family. Not intentionally anyways.

Cian proceeded to skin the deer. Everything else, apart from the antlers, hooves, and bones would be eaten over the coming week. Lu's family could survive on blood alone, however it was not very sustainable. They would need to kill at least three deer, maybe a fourth for Cian, if they were to just drink blood, which would ravage the population. 

"To Ealga, and her first hunt!" shouted Morr.

Dagda stared, Morr smiled, Cian smirked, Lu grunted.

The happy family all converged on the skinned deer, and feasted for the better part of five minutes, tearing into the lifeless corpse like a pack of wolfs. It was heaven. It was hell. It was their nature.