Chapter 24

A/N: I'm so so sorry for how long it's taken me to update this story! As I've told you, I have been super busy in the past month, and finding time to write wasn't easy. However, I finally managed to take time and write this chapter. It took me about three days (maybe a total of 5 hours) to write this. I really hope it's worth the extremely long wait! Without further delay, here's Chapter 24 of 'The Law of Love.'

**Skipping ahead to Thanksgiving time**

Regina woke up the morning before Thanksgiving feeling extremely overwhelmed. Robin's parents were coming in town this evening, and she had yet to make a trip to the grocery store for food. She had the meal planned out, but hasn't had any extra time in her schedule to purchase everything she needed for the holiday.

Not only was preparation for Thanksgiving stressing her out, planning for her wedding was too. She and Belle had everything planned out about a month after the engagement; the venue for both the ceremony and the reception had been secured, the flowers had been picked out and purchased (fake flowers, because Regina wanted to keep her bouquet), Belle had her bridesmaid dress, Robin and David had been fitted for their suits, and Regina had picked out her dress.

Regina and Belle had gone wedding dress shopping pretty quickly after the engagement. With the wedding being in only a few short months, Regina knew she had to pick out, purchase and have her dress altered before too long. So they made a day of it. They went to breakfast that morning before the appointment at the boutique, and then made their way there around 10:30am. As soon as Regina walked in the building, she was overwhelmed by all the choices. She had a general idea of what she wanted, but seeing all of the options displayed in front of her stressed her out a bit.

Surprisingly, Regina found the dress of her dreams within just an hour. Belle snapped a few shots of Regina in the dress before she took it off. Regina didn't want the pictures on her phone, because, staying with tradition, she didn't want Robin to see it until she walked down the aisle.

Regina and Belle had lunch together every day at work discussing the wedding and making sure everything was in order. Over the past three months, the two have become inseparable friends. They had found there was much more in common between them than they had initially realized. Belle had lost her parents, which Regina knew about, but what she didn't know was how. Ironically enough, her parents were also murdered. In a different scenario than Regina's, but they were. The two women shared many emotional moments talking about it, but were comforted to know they were there for each other.

As Regina sat in her bed contemplating all she had to do before tomorrow and before the wedding, she heard a cry in the distance. 'Roland,' she thought. She climbed out of the bed slowly, making sure she didn't wake her sleeping fiancé. She stood up, and had to wait a few seconds until her dizziness passed before making her way to the recently renovated nursery. She opened the door and saw Roland standing up in his crib, holding onto the railing so hard that his hands were extremely red.

Roland's birthday had come and gone in a flash. The day of his birthday, Robin's parents came in town, Grace and Niles came over, and a small party was thrown for the boy. He wore an adorable baby suit that matched his father's. The cake was a two tiered vanilla cake with cream cheese icing; the bottom was covered in white fondant and had red and teal striped strips of fondant plastered on to look like suspenders. Laying across the 'suspenders' was a red bow tie. The top layer was covered in teal fondant with a black fondant mustache laying in the center. On the very top was a white #1 with red and teal polka dots. As soon as that cake was placed in front of Roland, he smashed his hands into it and smeared it all over the highchair and his face. It was indeed a day to remember for the entire family, the only thing missing was Marian, and Robin and his parents struggled immensely with that, but fought through the emotions and managed to still find the good in it all.