II

the music being played on the radio station was slow, and made the moment more special as we drove along the country roads.

an had her head on the window, looking up at the stars; the street lights illuminated her complexion.

i still do not understand how we even ended up together. she was the prettiest girl in school, the smartest, the most kind and the most popular.
and i can't believe she's mine tonight.

it's time to say goodbye
but don't worry time will fly
till i see you again

my heart picked up its pace as i realised that i was going to have to say goodbye to an.
but i don't know how.

i drove to a familiar spot, where we both loved; the Santa Cruise sands.
i parked and gathered the food i bought at the gas station and a blanket, then we headed down to the beach.

anoushka took some of the food and intwined our free hands together.
we lay down on our blanket and it was silent for a while: but it wasn't an awkward silence.

"michael?"

"yes, anoushka?"

"this may sound crazy, but i think we are going to have a serious relationship."

"that-"

"-let me finish. i seriously hope that we end up married or something, i don't know how i would cope without you."

my smile was warm, but my head started to spin. that made it harder to tell her i would be leaving soon.

"maybe even children someday-"

"but you hate children," i laughed and cuddled her.

"that's why it's crazy," she wrapped her arms around my waist and gently kissed my forehead.
"i love you michael clifford, and i will never let you leave this beach!"

she pushed me, sat on my waist and tickled me.

"a-an plea-please sto-stop," i laughed and squirmed underneath her.

"not until you take my hand in marriage! no surrender!"

"f-fine! just stop!"
tears lay in the corners of my eyes, and i was breathless.

"say it!"

"okay, okay,"
i dramatically picked up the closest stone and got down on one knee.

"anoushka takuda, will you take my, michael cliffords, promise for marriage?"

"i do," i placed the stone in her hand and caressed her cheeks.

"keep it forever, okay? don't throw it away- it'll be the only thing you'll have physically to remind you of me."

"why are you speaking like that mike?"

i shrugged my shoulders and packed everything back into the car again, and i drove anoushka home.