Heed My Warning

Ignorance can be the best thing you can have.

Once you lose it, there's no getting it back. You do get that, right?

Well, sometimes awareness can save you too.

The thing is, this isn't my story. I was asked to document a friend's misfortunes. What would I say, no? After all she's been through? She told me the story, and she told me to write about it so that people can be aware. I owe it to her. You humans need to be informed about our existence.

How ironic.

But then, this thrilling story, it's too hard to believe. It's not the typical "I was shopping and I tripped on the escalator" story. You'd think all of this would be impossible. And that's better. I thank God for the benefit of the doubt -it benefits you a lot in this case.

If you want to believe it, feel free, but be warned -you might end up VERY paranoid.

Well, first mission complete: warn the humans.

I know what you're wondering -what am I to call you "humans"?

You see, I am a praedite -a gifted. You'll be surprised about how much of the world's population are praedites. Well, not everywhere in the world. Most praedites prefer to live in America. Asians have superstitions that might lead to the discovery of our kind. I'm not racist -I'm actually an Asian praedite.

The main gift is the gift of control. Not self control -I mean the ability to control things and/or people. Mind-praedites are extremely rare, and of course the praedites who can control both are even more so. We only know of three such praedites in the whole world.

I am a physical praedite -I can control objects. Make them levitate, break them and fix them using my mind. I specialize in technology. I can hack a computer, shut it down, turn it on -with my mind.

I know, I know, you're thinking that my friend is one of the three dually-gifted praedites, but no.

Her name is Amanda Matthews. And she's a normal human being.