A Second Encounter - Part 2

Sam was laughing at Mandy -she was acting like she was so offended but in fact she was already satisfied being second best on Sam's list. She had many secret admirers in school. I would have envied her, but I'd much rather be Samuel's favorite girl. 

How many times have we asked Sam? A hundred, probably. It never loses it's excitement to me.

The three of us went out to the park for a picnic after that. Sam and I went to buy some ice cream while Mandy stayed on the grass, drawing something and looking after our things. It was always the case, really. We always were the ones who bought the food (although of course Mandy had to pay us for hers).

While Mandy was drawing, she felt a familiar pain in her head, and a scene flashed in her mind....

A drink in her hand, a man beside her, asking her something....

She fought the pain and looked up. For some reason, she sighed, stood up, and walked towards a seemingly random tree. The pain stopped.

"My oh my, I have to be careful with you, don't I?" said a familiar voice as a twig drops from above, hitting Mandy on the head. Ouch.

"Do I know you? Sorry, it's rude." Mandy said.

"Well, you don't. But I know you. I'm Jake, by the way. We met in the club."

"Oh. That's right. i thought so." Mandy massaged her head. "Er, I gotta go, my friends are probably d-"

She felt the same pain again, but this time, less. 

Wait. It was too soon to think that. The pain grew and she felt her energy being drained. When the pain disappeared, she was already sitting on the bench, Jake beside her.

"Why don't you stay with me for a while?" he said. Mandy just nodded. She felt tired. Duh, she had to walk a mile going to the park. 

After a few seconds of silence, she heard a buzzing sound. She looked around.

BUMP.