The Charlie Game

***********************************

FanFiction:   Based on an urban legend pencil game.

************************************

The room is almost dark except the light that is coming from the flashlight Billy is holding in his hand. Billy, Jayson, and Jake are sitting on the floor facing each other.  They have set a pencil game they are about to play. They all starts to chant. 

"Charlie, Charlie are you there?
Charlie, Charlie are you there?"

Jake: "Wait guys! I'm scared. I don't  want to play this game anymore."

Jayson: "Seriously Jake! Stop being a baby."

Billy: "Shhhhhhhh! Guys come on! Let's start again three times. If nothing happens by then, that's it."

Jake: "Okay fine."

They start chanting again...

"Charlie,  Charlie are you there?

Charlie, Charlie are you there?

Charlie, Charlie can we play?"

Suddenly they heard a crumpling  sound.

Billy: "Huh! What is that?"

Jayson: "Charlie is that you?"

It stops.

Jake immediately turn the light switch on. He looks scared and his hands are shaking.

Jayson: Wow! You hear that guys right? I think we made a connection."

Billy: "I don't know. It's probably the wind or something."

Jayson: "No it's not!"

Then there is the odd crumbling sound again, followed by a scratching sound.

Jake:        "It's coming from under your bed Billy."

Jayson:   "What is under your bed, Billy?"

Billy:        "I don't know."

Jake:       "Check it out!"

Jayson:  "You check it out Billy, it's  your bed!"

Billy starts walking slowly. The bed moved. He backed away and they all exclaimed. "Ahhhhhhhhh!"

A chiming monkey came out from under the bed.

Jake:      "Oh my God! I think Charlie is under your bed."

Billy:      "Shut up Jake!"

He buckled his knees with hands down the floor. Jake and Joshua followed him and did the same. They started crawling slowly towards Billy's bed. Suddenly, the lights start flickering. It startled the boys. The light becomes dimmer and dimmer until it went out. Total darkness. The boys panicked and quickly get up  trying to leave the room screaming and almost bumping each other.

Billy's mother who passed out on the couch is confused on her mind while rubbing her eyes. 

Billy's Mom:    "What the hell is going on?"

Billy:                 "Mom! Mom! Charlie is in my room."

Billy's Mom:     "What? Who is Charlie?"

Jake:                 "Mrs. Walker Billy is telling the truth Charlie is here."

Billy's Mom:     "See! This is what I'm talking about. I told you guys beforehand no creepy, 

                            scary stories."

Billy:                  "But Mom, I'm telling you Charlie is in my room. We heard him and the lights 

                           went out!"

Billy's Mom:     "Okay fine I'll check it. You guys stay down here."

Jayson:            "No Mrs. Walker don't go upstairs Charlie will kill you.

Billy's Mom:     "I hope not! Don't worry I'll be fine." 

Before heading upstairs, Billy's Mom went to the kitchen drawer looking for something. After a while, she found a flashlight and light bulb.  As she went her way upstairs to Billy's room, the boys did not listen and instead followed her upstairs. She turned the switch on and off, on and off, and still no light. She then turn around  and tell Billy to hold the flashlight still while she changes the bulb. She grab a chair and started changing the light bulb. She asks Jayson to turn the light switch on. A bright light came on. The boys looked at each other. 

Billy's Mom:  I told you boys no Charlie!"

She was putting the chair back when they heard a crumpling sound. Billy's Mom looked surprised.  She did not expect that weird sound. Then they heard a  scratching sound which scare the boys and run next to her. 

She looked around the room and saw  his son's baseball bat and grab it. Slowly she walk and kneel on the floor and gently lift up the skirt covering Billy's bed. She turned and move her head underneath his bed. Her eyes explore underneath and got wide when she saw a lot of toys and candy wrappers. It was a mess!  

Billy's Mom: I can't believe it's a mess here Billy! Candy and snack wrappers, Really? I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a rat digging through your trash in here. You better clean this u,,,,,

But before she could even finish her sentence something pull her under the bed and disappears.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

The boys run as fast as they could and went outside the house screaming for help.

After an hour or two the house is full of police officers looking for Mrs. Walker whereabouts. Neighbors offer to help and search around the neighborhood. They are trying to figure out the boys story and the disappearance of Billy's mother.They lift up Billy's bed and saw a whole lot of toys, candy and snack wrappers but nothing else. No sign of Mrs. Walker.

Where is Mrs. Walker?

What grabbed her from under the bed? or Who could it be?

***************************************************

NOTE: ThanK YoU VerY MucH!!!

Don'T ForgeT To LeaVe A ComMeNt & VoTe! VoTe!VoTe!