Prologue

The first case was on September 18th, 2017. Then the second on September 19th, the third September 20th and so on. By the end of September, 11 people died from a mysterious disease. In October 58 died. November 110. December 150. Within 103 days, 329 people died.

                  Doctors were scrambling to discover what disease it was. They suggested Bubonic Plague, Ebola, a weaponized polio virus. They suggested every disease known to man but it wasn't any of them. 

                It was contained to North America, so far. They grounded every flight to and from the continent. The borders were blocked. If you were in North America, you were staying there. 

                Every person who was diagnosed with the disease died. They nicknamed it the The Silent Killer because you had no symptoms until you had been infected for more than 10 days. Then you got a fever of 110°F, then you started to cough up blood. Then your heart stopped and you died. 

             People were dying left and right. They thought all hope was lost until they found me. Both of my parents had died of The Silent Killer but I didn't. They kept me quarantined and under observation for 2 months. I didn't die. I didn't get a fever or cough up blood. That was three years ago and I'm still here. 

                The world has changed. 90% of the population of North America died. Leaving only 53 000 000 people living on the continent that once held 530 000 000 people. Everyone of the people who survived were immune to the disease.  We are still in isolation, no outsider has stepped foot on North America, or as it's known to the rest of the world The Sick Zone, in three years. 

                For those of us who survived, life didn't get better.  For many they watched helplessly as their entire family died, a sudden but painful death. Then they taken, quarantined for multiple months, probed and poked at and turned back onto the streets without anyone, without knowing why or how they survived. 

Author's Note 

Again, this story is completely made up. If you like it and wish me to continue please comment and vote. 

Thanks