Chap.1-Memories aren't always good.

"Edmund!" I heard a voice ringing through the house. I groaned and rolled out of bed. I walked down the stairs and saw my adopted mother. "Edmund, what would you like for breakfast?" she said. 

                         "Could I have waffles, please?" She handed me a plate of homemade waffles. How could she have known? 

                          "You eat waffles everyday, Ed. I took a wild guess and made them for you," she answered.

                            "Thank-you Ruby." Ruby was the type of women that had natural motherly instincts, even though she had no children of her own. She looked identical to my mother with her short brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. As I stood up, I pulled her into a bear hug. I grabbed my bag and said, "Bye Ruby. I am going to meet Bella." 

                              "Okay, Edmund...Be careful, okay," she answered. I walked out the door to find my best friend since kindergarten,  Isabella Claire Dane, waiting for me. 

                              "Hey Dracula." I rolled my eyes at the nickname. Bella had started calling me Dracula because I was so pale but, I had dark, black hair and sky blue eyes. Then after I turned seventeen, and grew to six feet tall and grew my hair out, she never called me Edmund unless it was serious. 

                               "Hey Bella ... So what are we going to do today?" I asked.

                                "Well, the hospital is having a memorial for all the people who died and they need volunteers to help set up," she answered.

                                 "Okay ... let's go," I answered. As we walked to the hospital, I saw the mounds of dirt where thousands were buried. I saw the old sign saying "Welcome to Sherbrooke" lying on the ground, pulled out after the mayor and the entire town council died. I saw the old whit crosses with names of those who died and I saw the only stone headstones left. Bella saw my expression and asked,

                                  "Ed, are you okay?" I shook my head yes. She narrowed her eyes. "Edmund ... Are you okay?" I looked at her, doing everything in my power, not to cry. 

                                   "No," I whimpered.

                                   "Aw... Come here," she said pulling me into a hug. I broke down.

                                    "Why did I survive? Why me? I'm not special. I didn't do anything special. My mom was neurologist looking for a cure to ALS. My dad was a doctor who found the cure to cancer. Why did I survive, Bella?" I sobbed into her shoulder. 

                                    "Everything happens for a reason, Eddie. Maybe you're destined to do something great, maybe you will cure The Silent Killer," she answered in a reassuring tone.

                                    "Maybe .... one day, but right now we have a memorial to set up," I told her. She smiled and we continued walking. I thought about what she said, "Everything happens for a reason." Why did I survive? I was going to find out.

                                      When we arrived at the hospital, a flood of memories came rushing back.

                                                                                      -FLASHBACK-

                           The day was September 19th, 2017. The doors burst open.

                            "Caucasian female, age 45, collapsed at home, unconscious for about twenty-five minutes," a EMT yelled. Doctors came running in. A doctor took one look at me then the women and said, 

                              "Page Dr.Dane, tell him his wife and son are in the ER," he told a nurse. As they wheeled my mother away, my anxiety went through the roof and then I heard, 

                               "Edmund!" I looked up and saw my father. "Edmund, what happened?" 

                               "Sh-sh-she was cooking supper and then I heard a crash and I ran into the kitchen and saw her on the floor. Then I called 9-1-1," I told him.

                                                                                 -FLASHBACK OVER-

                                 My mother died the next day. She was the first case, the second was my father. They died the same week. Then the disease was everywhere. People were dying left and right. I had to find what cause the disease, if not for me then for my parents.

Author's note 

So, this chapter is quite short, but it's just the introduction. The real action starts soon. Second, if any of you guys are TMI fans, I have a Malec fanfic called "I'm Back (A Malec fanfiction)" and you should read Shadowhunter02yas' story "New school, new life and Will Herondale".  And last of all please comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote.

Peace out.