Chapter 3

Once we reached Will's room, we sat down on his new bed. Of course, everything in his house was new, he lived in the Victor's Village. His 23 year old brother, Joseph, had won the games against all odds 8 years ago, and his family had lived in luxury ever since.

"What is it that you needed to tell me, Will?" I asked quietly.

"I-I can't." Will murmured.

"Why not?" I whispered.

Knock knock, knock knock

I yelped as Will's window was opened from the outside. Luke's hazel green  appeared from below the window as he hoisted himself up.

"Did I frighten you Kitty?" Luke spoke from the windowsill with a British accent. I laughed as I always did when Will called me Kitty. I guess the name stuck after I saved Hazel's cat from a Raspeach tree a few months back.

"Why yes! You gave me quite the fright Sir Luke!" I answered back with my 'fabulous' accent.

Will rose and slowly stepped towards Luke. Dark, emerald green met sweet hazel green in a .

"You said you would give me time Luke!" Will growled. I was shocked as Will angrily approached Luke.

"I've given you days, weeks! You don't have the courage." Luke barked in return.

"Oh? It's me who doesn't have the courage?" Luke laughed, but it wasn't the laugh I love. It was a darker version.

"Yes it is you! I even stepped down to give you a chance." Luke snarled. I'd never seen them like this. It scared me and I had to stop it.

"Guys! What is going on?" I yelled as I jumped in between them.

"You wouldn't understand, Kadence." Will said. Tears filled my eyes. Never once in all the time I have known him, has he said that to me.

"Maybe I would understand if you just told me! We're best friends!" I yelped. Luke sighed.

"Just tell her Will." He said.

"Fine. Luke and I made an agreement and he didn't stay true to his word." Luke explained.

"What agreement? How did he break it?" I ask, flabbergasted.

"I promised Will I would give him time to do something, and I have." Luke answered. I nodded.

"What is it that you needed to do Will? Does it have to do with what you were trying to tell me earlier?" Luke's eyes widened.

"He tried to tell you?" Luke inquired.

"Yes, I did! Before you came." Will exclaimed. Luke sighed.

"Do it Will. You don't know how much time we all have left." Luke shouted as he leaped through the window. I stared at the window until Will cleared his throat and I looked into his warm chocolate brown eyes.

"What. Do. You. Need. To. Tell. Me?" I said, announcing each word.

"I've waited 6 years to tell you this, Kadence. Just... Don't let it ruin anything." Will explained shakily.
I nodded as if I understood, but I was more confused than ever.
Will sucked in a deep breath.

"I love you, Kadence." Will whispered before pressing his soft lips to mine.