Chapter 11: Stay Positive

HOLY CASTIEL I HAVENT UPDATED IN FUCKING THREE WEEKS I HATE MYSELF WHY DIDNT ANYONE SAY SOMRTHING FEEL FREE TO YELL AT ME IF I EVER DO THIS AGAIN.

sorry for the language. Really though. Somebody slap me if I ever do that again.

This chapter is dedicated to Matt Smith, because it is in his point of view, and (unintentionally) is chapter 11. Go me.
---------------------------------------------------------

"Did you talk to her?" He questioned, leaning against his kitchen counter on his elbows, with one hand pressing his cell phone against his ear. "Did she mention me?" He felt like a primary school girl talking about her crush, but oh well. This was Lizzy he was talking about.

"You're such a middle school girl, Matt." Jayce told him, and he could see the smirk on her face in her time of voice.

She knew he had no idea what she was talking about.

"What??" His accent thickened when he got confused, something he had started to notice the more time he spent around Americans.

She sighed. "Middle school girl. . Sixth/seventh/eight grade. That's about eleven/twelve/thirteen years old."

"A-ha. I thought much the same, but don't really care." He turned over so that the small of his back rested against the edge of the counter, one forearm laying flat on the countertop and his hand dangling over the edge. "But really, did you talk to her?"

"Yeah, I did," the voice on the other end of the line spoke slowly, carefully. "It wasn't really for long. She fell asleep on me again. She found a picture on Jackie's mantle that put her in a bad mood, and once she had calmed down, she was worried she broke it from slamming it down so hard. . ."

Matt bit his lip and pushed himself off the counter to pace the kitchen. "Was I in the picture?"

"Yeah. Yeah, you were. She said that she can't see your face without seeing it attached to Daisy's. . . ."

He closed his eyes and pulled the phone away from his face, and pressed it against his chest for a moment while he groaned loudly. "Dammit!" He shouted, and pressed the phone back to his ear before he spoke again. "She's never going to want to speak to me again. . ." He couldn't help the hint of despair that seeped into his voice.

"Hey, Matt, we're going to figure this out. Everything is going to be okay." She tried her best to reassure him, but everyone knows Jayce is crap at the whole comforting thing.

"But what if it's not, Jayce? I messed up--really badly. I'm not sure that I can fix this. After that--"

"Matt." She cut him off. "We're going to fix this. For your sake, and for Lizzy's."

Matt sighed again. "Right. Right. We can fix this." Only then did it register that this whole time he had been saying I, and every time Jayce had countered with a we.

He wasn't alone.

And that thought made him smile.

---------------------------------------------------------

On Jayce's end of the line, things were a bit more hectic.

She didn't want to hang up on Matt until they had at least some sort of semblance of a plan, or something. But she was also juggling an email conversation with her agent, so her phone was on speaker to make it easier for her to type on her laptop, but reading and listening, or reading and talking, or talking and typing weren't too easy. Neither was listening and typing, on more than one occasion she had to delete a few words, or a sentence, or even a paragraph, because she had typed what Matt was saying instead of what she was thinking.

And from the looks of it, she wasn't going to America for quite awhile.

She may be on a plane in the next few days. . . To South America.

Her agent had gotten her an audition for a role in a film about a month ago, and she was only just hearing back about it now. It wasn't the role she had auditioned for, only a bit part with maybe a few lines.

She needed a job, but was that worth going all the way to Brazil for a bit part in a film for a director no one had even heard of?

That was the struggle that caused her to miss most of whatever Matt had just said.

"Hold up." She said in the direction of the phone, and typed out the rest of her reply to her agent, sending it off through the wonder of Wi-Fi. She picked up the phone and held it up to her ear. "Okay. Sorry about that. I had to talk to my agent."

"No problem." He replied.

Her computer blinked with a reply to her email. She clicked it open to find Jacob's simple response.

Call me.

"Hey, Matt, I'm really sorry, but I have to go. Jacob wants me to give him a call, and I think I've got a job on the line. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"No problem, Jayce."

"Bye!"

"Goodbye!"

She hung up, and scrolled through her contacts until she found the one she was looking for.

Jacob Moore.

She clicked the call button and sighed. She was not looking forward to this decision.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey everyone!

I'm sorry if this chapter is kind of short. Especially since it took me THREE WEEKS to post it. I really don't know yet where I want to go yet with Matt's storyline, or Jay's, or really anyone but Lizzy's at the moment. Well, I have like, a month before this chapter gets posted. (I pre-wrote this before I even posted the story). Dang. It's going to feel like so much less once school starts. (Yeah, it really has.) Ugh.

Love you all!

xoxo
K