Chapter 18 part 3

Lizzie's POV

While allyse and Alejandra were busy with their mates I decided to go outside and look at the stars under the moonlight..

I loved the moon and stars.. I walked down the stairs and out the bakery and I walked out into the moonlight.. I sat down on the swing my dad made for us in the yard. It was attached to a big oak tree and was strong enough to hold two people on it at once.

I closed my eyes as I let my ears wander and listened to all the sounds of nature.

The crickets chirping..

Bugs buzzing..

I opened my eyes and stared up at the night sky.. The stars were twinkling and shining bright.. The moon wasn't full ... But it made me feel happy seeing it. I loved the moon.

It was actually rumored that it was able to show the way to the home of the moon goddess herself. Our creator. Our mother Luna. She holds all the answers to all the questions we could possibly ever have to ask. She knows all.. Sees all... And loves all..

I smiled when I thought of our beautiful moon goddess ...

I closed my eyes again and screamed when I felt someone's hands fly over my mouth and I couldn't see who it was behind me..

Oh my god!

I struggled to get up and when I finally regained my footing my backside was pressed tightly against a strong muscular chest. I was too caught up in my own fear to feel the tingling and electrifying sparks running through me that I didn't realize who it was.

I turned around lightning fast and kneed my male attacker where it hurt. The man fell to his knees and he rolled on the grass gasping in pain. Only when I saw his face contorted in pain under the moonlight did I see who it was.

I fell to my knees at his side and let out a small scream at what I had just done and said,"justin!!!! Oh my god!!! You idiot!!! You scared the crap out of me!!! Are you okay?!!!"

I rubbed his arm gingerly my hand trembling slightly at the thought of him in pain because of me and my stupid fear.

He whimpered and said in a strained voice,"I'm okay babe.. Don't worry... It just feels like a thousand pound wrecking ball hit my balls and smashed them till they were like deflated balloons. No worries.."

I couldn't help but laugh at his dry humor but still felt really guilty and I said,"I'm so sorry... I would never hurt you..."

He nodded and said,"I know.."

I blushed a bright red when I said,"are your deflated balloons okay??"

He laughed and said,"yeah.. I think I'm okay now.. But I wanted to surprise you.."

I laughed and said,"well you sure did.. Scared the hell outta me too.."

He laughed and said rather guiltily,"I'm sorry bout that.."

I laughed and said,"it's okay..."

He sat up and after some effort he got up and I was going to offer my help but he said,"no.. I got it.. I want to hold on to the last bit of dignity I have.."

I laughed and said,"you're silly.."

He smirked and said childishly,"only for you.."

I laughed and he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my hair and said,"I'm so glad I found you.."

I smiled and nodded in agreement and said,"I'm glad I found you too.."

He took my hand and started leading me into the woods..