Chapter One

"Princess Halley, your mother wants you in the White Room", exclaimed Marcus a very old butler of the Falcone family.
"I'll be there in a minute" i said, " and Marcus..."
"Yes Princess?"
"I keep on telling you that I dont want you to call me princess Halley, Halley or Adrianne is just fine, OK,?"
"Yes your majesty...I mean Pri-...I mean Halley" Marcus said trying to get used to not use any titles.
"I wonder why my mother wants me now" i said removing my iPod from its stand and plopping the earphones into my ears as i raced down the stairs leading to the White Room which is on the West Wing of the castle.
Along the way i stopped by the kitchen and grabbed s few grapes and a peanut butter jelly sandwich of which i stuffed the last bit into my mouth before entering the room.
As you all may be thinking...that the White Room probly is entirely white, but actually it has mostly gold and black. Yea, that's what i was thinking too. I don't even know why they call it the White Room seeing that it has a little amount of white, but to be honest, i never asked.
"Yes Mum", i muffled our a response to my mother because my mouth was full.
"Halley dear, I have told you on multiple occasions not to walk around eating and not to speak with your mouth full." My mother said in a hushed tone showing her annoyance with my bad habit.
"But mom..."
"No Halley, your coming of age and will soon have to take on the responsibility of the crown of Teribithia!" My mother exclaimed cutting me off.
"Okay Mother, I'll try to act more responsible" i said giving her a fake salute even though she wasn't looking and giggled.

Then she turned around to face me and i saw her eyes widened in shock due to the fact that my hair was a mess and i had no shoes on."Adrianne Halliana Angelic Falcone!!!! Why in heavens name are you walking around in the palace like that!!??..." My mother shouted.

Before she could continue i heard a scuffle in the far corner of the room. My eyes darted to the direction of which the sound came from only to look directly into a beautiful pair of emerald green eyes.
Lucas Michealson, Prince of Narnia was stood at the far end of the room glaring at me with a huge smile on his face.
My mother regained her composure and introduced us, but i already knew who he was. He also attended Bronxton Academy. He was the school jock and most popular boy at school...and he was my enemy and high school crush.

******>Halley's POV

It was the first day of school, and i was so excited to be attending a new school. My parents were busy so Marcus had to bring me to school in My Audi Q5. I walked around the campus of the school and was amazed by its beauty and architectural design. I had walked into the schools cafeteria and there he stood, the sexiest boy I've ever seen. I stood there for what seemed like an eternity staring at him until i was shoved by Zara (Lucas's girlfriend who's also a student and the second eldest of the Darkheat children, my families rivals). My back hit the wall and Zara said with a smirk on her face "eyes off him bitch...he's mine" and glided over to Lucas who was staring and laughing at me along with his cronies.
"As if I'll ever want her" Lucas said after which they kissed .
He had put his arms around her and they walked off. I couldn't help but hear him say "I'll never want that creepy bitch, she's such a dumbass" and they all chorused in laughter as they walked by.

*******End of Memory*******

"What the hell are you doing here!!!???" I snapped at him.
"Adrianne, he's our guest now be polite!" My mother said. Upon her saying that u stomped over to a chair and sat down. Then he spoke.
His voice was so melodious, but still i had hatred for him due to what he had done to me on my first day of school.

*****Lucas's POV*****

"Good day your Majesty" I said while bowing to Queen kaithlyn, Princess Adriannes mother.
Upon meeting her i could see where Adrianne got her beauty. Its as if she was an older version of Adrianne. She was truly beautiful.
"How are you Prince Lucas???" The queen said acknowledging my greeting.
"I am OK your majesty. Is Adrianne around???" I asked without realising that i did.
I looked over to the queen only to see that her eyebrows were arched seeing that she was as surprised as i was.
I looked down blushing.
She saw that i was uncomfortable then i heard her order a very old man to go and get Adrianne.
I told the queen my reason for visiting and her face brightened up.
The door flew open and I saw Halley standing at the entrance in complete disarray. Her hair was a mess, her feet were bare and her mouth was full of something that smelled like peanut, grapes, jelly and bread.
Seeing that i am a werewolf i can smell the smallest of things a mile away.