Shadowed Friends

"My name is Ren. Ren Stanton, nice to meet you." He extended his arm out to shake hands and Arisa stared for a moment before shaking his hand.
Ren smiled and started to talk casually and avoided stepping on any land mines because it was obvious she was very fragile.
"Why are you talking to me? No one ever does, so why now?" Arisa sighed.
"Well, I got to thinking about what you said on the roof so I want to be your friend."
"Why?"
"No specific reason."
"Okay....," Arisa went back to her work, despite his objections.

"Agent 008, your mission is to find and eliminate the target."
"Understood."
"We thank you for your service. You understand that by altering the past, you will no longer be able to return to the future." The computer flashed the target in front of the agent.
"Arisa won't know what is coming."

The rain splattered onto the sidewalk, and once again Arisa walked without an umbrella. A silent sob was coming from an alley a little distance away, and if Arisa hadn't been listening, she wouldn't have heard it.
Arisa approached the girl, she looked familiar but not, and she turned to look at her with a look of suprize. It was Arisa.
That was the last she remembered from that morning.