Notorious

*Kimmys POV

I gathered my books and stumbled out of my room . Class started in 30 minutes and my cousin and I have never been late before. I heard her sigh as I slumped into the front seat next to her driver seat.

"What took you so long? I've never been late and I don't want to start now because of my little cousin," she scoffed at me jokingly. I gave her a half hearted scowl and we both burst into laughter. We never got mad at each other. Jess was more my sister, maybe even my twin, then a cousin. Since we were little, we were inseparable, and I'm surprised we haven't grown apart or anything. We just get closer every second we're around each other.

We got to the front of the school just in time. Jess and I had first period together, too, so we just took seats next to each other at the front of the class. Maybe we were nerds...but oh well. It's not our fault we grew up in a family where education was important. And, neither of us minded.

As we whispered amongst each other, two boys came into the room, very loudly, I might add. Jess just looked in their direction, making me turn my head. My eyes instantly were met with these deep, dark, brown ones that I wish I could unsee. They sent chills down my spine just seeing them for a fraction of a second. I instantly snapped my head down to my lap and waited until i saw they're converse adored feet shuffle to the back.

I went and looked up at Jess who had a weird expression on her face as well. We just decided to talk about it later and shifted in our seats to pay attention to the teacher who just walked in. He started in on the science of how the earth rotated and other details into the making of how they work. Jess and I just made as many notes we could, making sure if one of us didn't have something, the other would. Working and studying with her made everything much easier, especially knowing she was just as serious about all this as I was. It went this way until the bell rang. We grabbed our notebooks and books, messing with each and laughing like always. But, somehow, my gaze was dragged to the back of the room.

Those piercing brown eyes met mine for the second time that day and both times I wish they didn't. I wanted to look away, but this time, I couldn't. They held my gaze like a cage with the key thrown into a lake, gone forever. I felt so much pain, so much discomfort in his eyes. It made me shiver with how cold he seemed. I just felt something tug at my hand and our eye contact broke.

"What was that, Kimmy?" she questioned me with confusion apparent on her face. What was that? I had no idea what even happened or how I even came upon looking at him. All I knew was that those eyes made my whole being dark and lonely. The way he acted didn't show how his eyes felt. He laughed and joked around with the red haired boy always at his side. But his eyes....told a completely different story.

"There's no way in hell my little cousin is getting involved with the notorious Calum Hood. Stay away from him, Kimmy."