Chapter 2

Seraphina's POV

Seraphina looked at the crowded street around her. She remembered asking her mother about the world she had grown up in.

The people were walking the streets look different then the people in Edom. These people had life in there eyes, so different from the Endarkened's lifeless blank stares.

Seraphina recalled her mother,Clary. She was pretty but always so sad looking.

She suffered at the thought of her father who would whip her bloody for the smallest things.

Sera smiled at the thought of her destroying this world. Seraphina knew all about James.

A dark jealousy grew in her chest. Sera knew her mother had another child. James. Sebastian often used it to motivate her during training.

He would tell her how her mother had loved James more because he was good, because his father was the man Clary loved.

The thought of killing the little Angel Boy made her smile. Seraphina had killed the Clave members like Sebastian had instructed.

Seraphina jumped as she heard voices.

She hid behind the alley wall. The voices belonged to Shadowhunter's, probably from the New York Institute.

There were three of them. A man with blonde hair and another man with black hair and a girl with black hair.

The man with blonde hair had gold eyes. Sera knew that he was the other Angel Boy who her father had spoken with great jealousy of.

"Sebastian's back. It has to be him." The girl said. An intense hatred was on her face as she said 'Sebastian'.

The Angel Boy shook his head."Its not Sebastian. It's Seraphina. Clary told me she was coming."

Seraphina froze. Her mother betrayed her father. She had been communicating with them somehow.