Life, as they knew it..

Glasses?

No glasses?

Glasses?

No glasses? 

Lucas put on his glasses and removed them and continued doing the same over and over again as he had been for the past seven minutes. He liked the glasses that he had purchased at the optic shop the previous night but wearing them to school didn't feel right to him.

No glasses. That's that. Don't want to look like the nerd in sophomore year now, do I?

He put the glasses back into the case. Looked at himself in the mirror for the last time as he ran a finger through his hair and smiled. Turning away from the mirror he picked up his bag from his bed and slung it over his shoulder and walked out of his room. 

Running down the stairs, he shouted, "Lu! I will leave without you if you don't get down here in five minutes."

Lucas was barely at the bottom of the stairs when Lucy, his fifteen year old sister, came out of her room. Her hair was done in a hasty ponytail and her brows were knit in a frown. 

"Seriously, would it kill you to be five minutes late?" Lucy asked as she made her way downstairs and joined Lucas in the kitchen, who was holding a brown paper bag in his hand.

"Unlike you, I have a reputation to keep." Lucas retorted as his handed Lucy the paper bag. "Try finishing up this yourself. I don't want anymore people asking me if my sister is anorexic."

"I am not anorexic. Let's just go now, weren't you getting late?"

"Right."

Lucas and Lucy walked out of their house and Lucas locked the door behind him. The two of them walked silently down the road that led to their school in no more than ten minutes. The walk was short, but pleasurable for both. They talked at home, at school, at Lucas' workplace too, but during this walk, none of them said a single word. Both preoccupied with thoughts about everything and anything. 

For Lucas, mornings were always a motivation. To him, morning meant that he had survived the previous day, and since he had done that, there was no reason why he couldn't survive this one as well.

So as they walked to school, Lucas smiled, and thought of all the possibilities that lied ahead of him. Soon they were in the premises of Greendale High school.

"I'm gonna go find my friends." Lucy said, walking away from Lucas.

"I'll see you after school."

Lucas looked at her sister and smiled. He looked around trying to spot any familiar faces. There were many, but not exactly the ones he was looking for. While he was still busy searching for his friends, his phone vibrated in his pocket. He pulled out and saw the text notification. 

Unknown number. That's strange.

He unlocked his phone and read the text.

Weren't you going to burn that shirt?

As a reflex, Lucas looked down at his shirt. It was his favorite shirt. He had brought it at a carnival that he went to with Ash-

Lucas jerked his head around and down the hallway he spotted the face he was expecting to see.

Ashton Walker.

He stood there, with his phone in his hand and a smirk plastered on his face. And as he saw Lucas looking at him, he waved his fingers at him in a greeting motion.

Lucas clenched his jaw and forced himself to look away. And before his rage could take over him, he saw Jeremy walking towards him with a goofy grin. Lucas sighed and let the negative vibes fly away.