Chapter 4

There was a dull pain in my head as I rolled over, crushing the blankets to my chest, loving the warmth they gave off. My mind started to race as I awoke from my slumber. Gripping my head to feel for any open wounds I found none, confused I checked over my hands to look for the thorn scratches to see nothing, if I looked very closely though I could see very faint pink marks on my hands.

"What the hell happened?" I groaned as I looked around my mostly unpacked bedroom, everything was normal, nothing out of the ordinary. 

But the forest played back in my mind. The bear. I thought I had died, or was gonna at least have a few missing limbs, but here I was with nothing wrong, the only thing that gave me a clue to me being outside was my matted hair that was covered in mud and blood. I ran my fingers through catching all the knots and pulling, only making the dull ache in my head now a large migraine. Slowly crawling out of the safety of my bed I went to the washroom to wash up, looking at my reflection closely to see nothing out of the usual, my eye's were mixed with confusion and curiosity as I went through the events.

Maybe nothing happened? Perhaps I was asleep and dreamed it all up, and the small pink marks are from sleeping on my hands. Stepping away from the mirror an image of golden eye's appeared in my mind, making me freeze in shock for a moment before I cleared my mind and grabbed some Advil and a cup of water. 

Wandering downstairs to see my parents weren't home yet, nor my brother I found my cellphone on the kitchen table to see there was a message about Billy staying at a friends house and my mom and dad would be staying at a hotel as they had gone to a neighboring town and the car broke down.

Looks like I was alone for the night.  

"Fuck!" I cursed into the quiet house.

I was not in the mood of being alone tonight, especially after what I thought had happened. I still couldn't wrap my mind around weather it was reality or a dream. Groaning in defeat I walked downstairs to make something quick to eat.

Deciding on a ham sandwich I sat in the living room to watch some TV before heading upstairs for a shower. 

Setting the water on the hottest I could I crawled into the scalding water as it burned my skin, at first I cringed but adjusted it to the perfect temperature, I found it easier to do this so that the water wouldn't take as long setting itself in a good temperature. 

Closing my eye's and scrubbing all the debris out of my hair I sighed feeling relaxed. Until a image appeared in my mind. Large gold eye's, so intense in my mind. Startling myself I took a step back opening my eyes and slipped forgetting where I was I landed in a heap on the floor with a small scream. My elbow was numb as well as my right knee, rubbing them and moving them back and forth to make sure nothing was seriously injured. All seemed fine except the new bruises that were making an appearance. 

This whole day was just not turning out good. Deciding it was time to get out and get ready for bed I grabbed my towel and dried off before getting dressed and sliding into the warm comfort of my bed. 

Only the sound of the wind blowing against the house. 

+++++++++++++++++++++

Bears POV

(Earlier that day)

I had been wandering the forest not to far from the old house when I had caught the mouth watering scent of that girl, curiously I had wandered towards the edge of the forest to investigate and watch.

She came out in a pair of blue shorts and a black tank top with a hat, that seemed to have some age to it. Her scent was tempting, it kept sweeping over to me whenever the wind picked up. My mouth watered to try her, my canines started to hurt.